Please Help. I recently purchased my first Saiga 12. Though I am ne to the Saiga family i am not new to guns in general. After i recieved my gun I did a basic conversion consisting of butt stock, pistol grip, trigger group, pro mag 10 round clip, and muzzle break. I also added a MD Arms V-Plug because everythin I read on line said if there was one mod to do that was it. Never shot it with stock plug.

So I took it out for the first time the other day and I cant get it to cycle low brass on any setting on the V-Plug. As you probably already know the V-Plug has 5 settings, 1(-) being for high velocity rounds, and 5(+) being for low brass. In fact it will only cycle the high velocity slugs and buckshot on setting 5 consistantly which is supposed to be for low brass value rounds.

I havent touched it since. Could it be something I did wrong during the conversion of the trigger group etc. Please any input would be great that may help me fix my problem. Thanks alot. Shawn

Edited by Methodx82x

Why would you do a bunch of work on a gun you have never shot???? Not pinging on you, but hoping to get the next guy's attention. Before any mods SHOOT IT! You need to know that it works. After every mod, SHOOT IT! Otherwise you have multiple things to try to troubleshoot , and the more variables the harder the equation is to solve!

Does it cycle full power loads (slugs or buckshot)?

If yes then you may have the common plugged or covered gas ports.

I had this symptom and swapped in the Carolina Shooters Supply "low brass reliability kit" which includes puck, plug, and spring and that fixed all issues in my S12.

If it does not cycle anything at all then you have bigger problems.

Dir you re-profile the hammer? If not, that's where you need to start. A booster puck may also help, but I would never put a low brass reliability spring in any S12.

The other questions are how many gas port holes does it have and are they clear?

Some of these guns need a break in period, and you have a couple of options. Shoot a couple of hundred rounds of high brass ammo, or violently hand cycle the bolt a few hundred times not lubed (wear gloves). Don't baby the hand cycling..

A booster puck may also help, but I would never put a low brass reliability spring in any S12.

Why?

per CSS website.

LOW BRASS RELIABILITY KIT

SKU: CSS-LOWBRASS-KIT

Saiga 12's out of the box will shoot Buck Shot, Slugs and High Brass Bird Shot because that is what the gun is designed for .

There is a 2-300 round break in period before it will start to cycle the Low Brass Walmart "Value Pack" Remington and Federal Bird Shot.

This kit will help you run the Low Brass Bird Shot from the start.

Break the gun in and you wont need it. Re-profile parts that are needed. Your money would be better spent having Pauly or one of the other vendors do a proper re-profiling if you are uncertain/unable to do it yourself.

the conversion kit came with a new hammer, from carolina shooter supply. just checked the ports. this gun has 2 and they were dirty but not obstructed. the rounds fire fine just dont eject.

i also noticed my stock gas puc only goes in a certain way. once you put it in you have to rotate it until it drops into place. is this normal? could it be part of my problem

Edited by Methodx82x

My hammer looks pretty much like yours though your striking surface seems a bit more rounded off. My gun has 2 ports, not all saiga have three. Some two and some even four I believe.

What exactly does my hammer have to do with the shells ejecting?

My hammer looks pretty much like yours though your striking surface seems a bit more rounded off. My gun has 2 ports, not all saiga have three. Some two and some even four I believe.

What exactly does my hammer have to do with the shells ejecting?

Resistance. You may have a third gas hole, use a bent paperclip or dental pick to check. It could be partially blocked . My first S12 needed the gas block opened up to run reliably.

Nope, only two ports

Your gun needs a gas block work. Is it a new WPA with a warranty? Tome Cole over in Cadiz Oh is also a saiga master, and can help with your problems. Give him a call if WPA cant help you.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/72752-warranty-registration/

http://www.cadizgunworks.com/zcstore/