Eureka! The Holy Grail of ammo is mine!!!!

Uly-1.jpg

Uly-2.jpg

Uly-3.jpg

Uly-4.jpg

I just scored a case of 1.000 of vintage original Ulyanovsk 8M3 Sapsan 124 grain hollow point. Best thing is, it is the original military grade laquered case with red laquer military sealant around the case mouth and primers. Wolf was the last to use the sealant on their military classic, but stopped using sealant about 3 or 4 years ago, and recently quit using the 8M3 bullet in their Military Classic hollow point. I paid $225, but this is the "real deal" stuff. WATCH OUT ZOMBIES!

• Like 1

Might just be me, but i think you over reacted a little.

This stuff isnt as uncommon as you think and that a pretty common price.

It has been produced under many diff names and labels with the same headstamps. Im holding a few right now witha different box.

Edited by Chevyman097

True, but it is hard to find with the sealant. Even Wolf MC doesn't use sealant or the 8M3 anymore. This is the first time in a couple years that I have found anything more than a box or two, or at a decent price. Last case of this I saw was about a year ago and went for about $300. There was one of the lesser wholesalers who had Uly 124 HP, but it was later stuff and and was even more than this.

Edited by imarangemaster

I did! Oh well, I got my 1,000 to seal up and stash away, and about 1200 of assorted (including some 8M3) for shooting.

He just listed another case with the SAPSAN label:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=268068792

If I had the money, I would buy it!

I have read a few threads both here and other forums that the Tulammo 124gr hp ammo is loaded with the 8M3 sapsan bullet. Can anyone confirm this?

Appears to me to be. Have yet to cut one apart, but probing Tulammo 124gr HP has same feel as old Wolf MC 124gr HP. and similar Sapsan ammo.

Tulammo 7.62x39 is made by Ulyanovsk, both 122 FMJ and 124 HP. Tulammo is a marketing name, like Wolf. They have ammo made for them to sell. Wally World sells 122 FMJ fo $4.79 a box, but the 124 HP Tulammo is very scarce. You can find 122 grn HP Tulammo, but it is not made by Uly. I think it is made by Vampyl like Golden Tiger.

Tulammo 7.62x39 is made by Ulyanovsk, both 122 FMJ and 124 HP. Tulammo is a marketing name, like Wolf. They have ammo made for them to sell. Wally World sells 122 FMJ fo $4.79 a box, but the 124 HP Tulammo is very scarce. You can find 122 grn HP Tulammo, but it is not made by Uly. I think it is made by Vampyl like Golden Tiger.

I

Interestingly, probing appears to indicate the Tulammo 122gr HP might also have internal serations. If I get to dissecting the 124Gr, might as well do the 122gr also.

And the Herter's 122gr also.

And this is why I'm here, and why I contributed: The knowledge gained is awesome!

Do you think the 8m3 sapsan bullet is more effective than a SP in this cartridge?

Would a soft point mushrooming and cutting a hole that you can fit two fingers through be more effective than a hollow point that explodes and hollows out a fist size hole?

7n6 carries the poison bullet name, but 8m3 might as well be called "El Diablo"

the 124 HP Tulammo is very scarce.

They have it in stock at J&G sales for $210/1000. Here is the link http://www.jgsales.c...se.-p-6306.html

its not the sealed cartridge tho, according to the pic.

That only makes it slightly less desirable. It has the 8M3 bullet!

That only makes it slightly less desirable. It has the 8M3 bullet!

Enough complaint emails to Tula might stop the poly crap coating.

Attention Tula. The poly coating is garbage and is not helping anything. Please make the same 7.62x39 124 grain hollow point ammunition with laquered cases and mil spec sealant.

info@tulammousa.com

110 N. IH-35 Suite 315-PMB #186

Round Rock, TX 78681

888-317-5810 | Fax: 512-218-8473

Edited by my762buzz

They have it in stock at J&G sales for $210/1000. Here is the link http://www.jgsales.c...se.-p-6306.html

I just ordered 200 rounds to see how it feeds in my SKS, MAK-90 and Saiga. I will pull a bullet and try to cut it in half.

Edited by wnycollector

I just ordered 200 rounds to see how it feeds in my SKS, MAK-90 and Saiga. I will pull a bullet and try to cut it in half.

i just found a couple boxes of the tula 124hp. I compared the bases with a sapson 8m3 and a tula 122gr hp. Both tula bullets looked identical, with the sapson being thicker around the bottom edge.

Then I cut them all in half, but my camera sucks, and it wouldnt get close enough in to really see anything. The top edges of the hollow points all looked the same, as they had a very small rim on the inside. As you went down you started to see the differences. The 8m3 had interior prefail cuts that went all the way up, and are seperated by little 'scallops' inside of the jacket. The tula's had shorter cuts, and they stopped a little less than a millimeter below the top.

The 122 and 124 were very close to identical.

post-31894-0-25729600-1326353922_thumb.jpg

Do you think the 8m3 sapsan bullet is more effective than a SP in this cartridge?

WAY more effective! search "8M3" for the different posts.. Guru Gabe Suarez was incredibly impressed with it. It literally explodes.

Ive shot a good few sapsons at gallon water jugs, and 122hps, and they both blow up, but the sapson has the edge. when I lined a three up in a row, i was catching some jacket and lead in the third jug. With the 122s Ive never found a scrap. That 8m3 bullet really transfers energy quick, some compare it to a hornady V-max. They explode on impact of soft wet stuff.