I have two Saiga's that I really like. A 762 and the 223. I'm an amateur at best, but I've put the Tapco stocks and pistol grips on both as well as a new fore arm on the 762 and modified the one on the 223 myself, just for kicks. I've read everything I could find on the trigger conversions and don't think I could do it myself. My question is, why or why not do the trigger. What are the pros and cons. Thanks in advance for any advice.

The real question is: why would someone put a pistol grip on a Saiga without moving the trigger? Other than the better trigger pull, you also get the benefit of three cheap and unobtrusive US-made parts from the 922r list. This makes it easier to use any magazines, specifically rugged and effective military surplus mags, without having to add followers and floorplates.

If you can change the stock, you can restore the trigger. If you want to simplify the installation, get a Tapco G2 trigger and a retaining plate crime a vendor, such as CSS, and don't bother putting the BHO back in. It's super easy that way and there are videos that'll show you step by step what to do.