I hate FUCKING POLLS just as much too!! Those are a waste of Forum bandwidth in my opinion and I cant think of ANY that have had a positive amount of INFORMATION contained within one...

but thats not the point of THIS particular thread... :huh:

It seems to me that the more often I log on here... the more PARANOID style posts I see... whatever happened to simple gun questions?? And gun talk without a paranoid spin... or a political spin... or the sky is falling spin!?!?!?!?

I am almost afraid to READ these posts... because I know those will be minutes of my life WASTED on retarded paranoid ramblings that I will never get back...

It seems that the more folks log on here... all they can post about is who did what with what gun to whom and how the media is going to call for someone to ban everything... yadda yadda yadda... AD NAUSEUM! :P

Sure... the state of things SUCKS... and I am not saying lets bury our heads in the sand... but for the love of all things Saiga... Why do we have to have 25 out of 30 posts about some bullshit paranoid politically retarded incident that wont make a shit of difference to anyone or anything a month from now... :unsure:

We do have one place totally appropriate for all those posts... but most people cant post in the "trash can"... LOL :lol::up:

:smoke:

I think this should be moved to the Politics section.

J/K, but most of the others should be, and that's from someone who likes the political posts. There's a section, it should be enforced, and then people who don't want to hear it, don't have to

• Like 1

Naw the polls are cool especially the way they’re written with:

(a.) agree with me or

(b.) you’re a moron slant used.

Waiting for one where did Vince leave Red Jacket to work for the Obama administration’s gun confiscation plan or was he abducted by aliens from the planet Palestine.

• Like 1

Sure, all the tinfoil hat discussions can go to the Politcal discussion section but when it does involve our beloved Saigas such as in the Mt. Rainier tradgedy, I believe it's worth talking about in General as incidents like these can jepordize further imports of S12s as well as ownership of an assload of other types of weapons. I'm not a tinfoil hat wearing guy either and some of these anti-everyone posts drive me nuts!

There is always the option to put a "current events" sub in with the "other" section, accessible to members only, by password and if you don't want to see the tinfoil brigade, don't visit that section.. It seems to have helped to keep the peace in a few other boards I visit.

And the benefit of being flushed every so often can be a plus as well.

I can't believe you would start a post like this. Do you even know what you caused me to go through just to even THINK about a new sub-forum???????? Well..... do you???????? I had to go out and buy ANOTHER skid of tinfoil to add two more layer to the roof of my house and six more layer to my tinfoil body suit so the goverment and the aliens017.gif would not find out I was just THINKING about posting a responce to your question. If you actually start a new sub-forum here, I advise you to buy stock in Alcoa cause I will make you rich. money.gif

I have been told "I'm not sick, But I'm not well"

Paranoia paranoia everybody coming to get me....Just say you never met me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBgmC_USeoM

Edited by SCHULTZE

I hate FUCKING POLLS just as much too!! Those are a waste of Forum bandwidth in my opinion and I cant think of ANY that have had a positive amount of INFORMATION contained within one...

but thats not the point of THIS particular thread... huh.png

It seems to me that the more often I log on here... the more PARANOID style posts I see... whatever happened to simple gun questions?? And gun talk without a paranoid spin... or a political spin... or the sky is falling spin!?!?!?!?

I am almost afraid to READ these posts... because I know those will be minutes of my life WASTED on retarded paranoid ramblings that I will never get back...

It seems that the more folks log on here... all they can post about is who did what with what gun to whom and how the media is going to call for someone to ban everything... yadda yadda yadda... AD NAUSEUM! tongue.png

Sure... the state of things SUCKS... and I am not saying lets bury our heads in the sand... but for the love of all things Saiga... Why do we have to have 25 out of 30 posts about some bullshit paranoid politically retarded incident that wont make a shit of difference to anyone or anything a month from now... unsure.png

We do have one place totally appropriate for all those posts... but most people cant post in the "trash can"... LOL laugh.png032.gif

000.gif

I agree absolutely, Indy. It seems all the gun forums are getting swamped with Paranoia/Tactical/Bug-out type posts. Sometimes I get a chuckle out of it, though. Mostly it makes me wonder.

• Like 1

Polls are annoying when a vote bumps an otherwise inactive thread.

The conspiracy/paranoia opinions expressed by some are bothersome but no more so than any other opinion I don't necessarily share. I say: live and let live (in FEMA death camps, according to the Mayan calendar).

• Like 3

There is a certain group of people here who do nothing but post stuff that sounds like it came directly from a forwarded email or Fox opinion pushers, without any critical thought. Not many actuall verifiable facts in their posts. I've come to realize that it's not worth arguing about, so I just sit back and laugh when I read their posts on the forum, which is not too often.

They really live up to a stereotype....

Edited by ᅠᅠ
  • Like 1

If reducto-ad-Hitlerium ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwins_law ) is the norm for the rest of the internets, in gun forums it seems to be that as a post about anything on a gun forum nears 25 posts, the probability of it being high-jacked into a competition of expressing excessive fear and needlessly elaborate preparations approaches one.

It ruins a bunch of otherwise good topics and kills credibility just as much as it would to have your candidate show up to the debate with his assistant in a "furry" outfit on stage.

• Like 1

but thats not the point of THIS particular thread... huh.png

It seems that the more folks log on here... all they can post about is who did what with what gun to whom and how the media is going to call for someone to ban everything... yadda yadda yadda... AD NAUSEUM! tongue.png

Sure... the state of things SUCKS... and I am not saying lets bury our heads in the sand... but for the love of all things Saiga... Why do we have to have 25 out of 30 posts about some bullshit paranoid politically retarded incident that wont make a shit of difference to anyone or anything a month from now... unsure.png

We do have one place totally appropriate for all those posts... but most people cant post in the "trash can"... LOL laugh.png032.gif

000.gif

YESSSSSS!!!!!

Especially the ramblings of rumors and speculation.

I have always viewed the internet as a social experiment. This site is no exception.

Many of these posts reflect an overall bleak view for the future of our country.

However, I have also been delighted by the announcements of births to many of our members.

This is surely a sign of OPTIMISM.

Only time will tell what the future will bring. I plan on being as prepared to defend my family, to the best of my ability, as possible.

Hopefully I will be more concerned about my pepper and tomato garden.

• Like 3

If reducto-ad-Hitlerium ( http://en.wikipedia....iki/Godwins_law ) is the norm for the rest of the internets, in gun forums it seems to be that as a post about anything on a gun forum nears 25 posts, the probability of it being high-jacked into a competition of expressing excessive fear and needlessly elaborate preparations approaches one.

It ruins a bunch of otherwise good topics and kills credibility just as much as it would to have your candidate show up to the debate with his assistant in a "furry" outfit on stage.

I detest "Godwin's Law" and all other sorts of cutesy bullshit people use to disguise the fact that they have no wit and/or rationale.

ok then.

I personally think it is a clever way of highlighting a tedious logical falacy: attacking a person by a strained analogy rather than dealing with the substance of their arguments. Or even if an analogy is appropriate, choosing a trite comparison where something fresher would be more compelling.

I suspect the bit you dislike the most is actually the "Usenet corollary". The actual law doesn't circumvent arguments, it simply observes and describes a pattern of behavior.

I can even appreciate clever trolling. Pointless hostility and paranoia is just absurd.

A paranoia section with the sub-title: This section is being closely monitored by the Authorities!

A paranoia section with the sub-title: This section is being closely monitored by the Authorities!

When someone clicks on the link to the sub-forum, it should roll them over to the sign up page for http://www.thehighroad dot org

• Like 1

Hopefully this won't give me splinters but from what I've read on this forum is that you don't want people to ask gun questions that have already been asked. I don't mind that, I tuned two saigas without having to ask any questions. As far as paranoia on the site you can't avoid it, this site is made up of people who own weapons that were designed for assault, in some peoples eyes anyone who owns a firearm is paranoid. If there's too many posts that sound paranoid then maybe there should be another area for it. Complaining about it is kinda like bitchin at flies in a dairy barn. We could call it the flypaper section.

this site is made up of people who own weapons that were designed for assault, in some peoples eyes anyone who owns a firearm is paranoid. If there's too many posts that sound paranoid then maybe there should be another area for it. Complaining about it is kinda like bitchin at flies in a dairy barn. We could call it the flypaper section.

No...These are "sporting" weapons.shocked.gif

• Like 2

Sure, all the tinfoil hat discussions can go to the Politcal discussion section but when it does involve our beloved Saigas such as in the Mt. Rainier tradgedy, I believe it's worth talking about in General as incidents like these can jepordize further imports of S12s as well as ownership of an assload of other types of weapons. I'm not a tinfoil hat wearing guy either and some of these anti-everyone posts drive me nuts!

Yeah, thats what makes it politics. What politics doesnt effect our right to bear arms in one way or another? There is a section. Maybe you can skirt around the rules by posting news in GD, but the thread should still be moved to politics the second someone posts something like "liberals will say..." or "the media will spin this..."