If it's political or turns political send it to the political section, don't get me wrong I have NO DESIRE to be a moderator but Juggernaut seems to be very effective at putting an end to most of the bullshit when he gets sick of it. Unfortunatley he got so much shit for it on here that we don't see many comments from him anymore, beleive me when I say the man is hillarious and has some excellent input.

As far as the paranoia goes? Unfortunatley you can't screen at the door but a simple suspension from the forum seemed to work pretty well in the past when people went a little over board. If they just can't resist then it's pretty easy to hit the ban button.

As far as polls go I think there pretty worthless. I've started two and gotten decent responses but no votes, so I can see them being sent to the trash can for good, much like when we had the +1 popularity vote bullshit.

I didn't even sign in to this forum for a few months (and I'm not a member at a gazillion forums like some folks) from all the ass hattery that was going on around here a while back. I've noticed that many of the folks that'd been on here when I first joined just aren't around anymore, they just don't want to listen to a bunch of people bitch 24/7, again also a damn shame they were good knowledgable folks.

As corny as this sounds, only you have the power IndyArms. This isn't a democracy it's a gun forum, if people don't want to talk about guns tell'em to F off.

2c.gif

Hopefully this won't give me splinters but from what I've read on this forum is that you don't want people to ask gun questions that have already been asked. I don't mind that, I tuned two saigas without having to ask any questions. As far as paranoia on the site you can't avoid it, this site is made up of people who own weapons that were designed for assault, in some peoples eyes anyone who owns a firearm is paranoid. If there's too many posts that sound paranoid then maybe there should be another area for it. Complaining about it is kinda like bitchin at flies in a dairy barn. We could call it the flypaper section.

I'm not sure how I'm double-posting. Sorry, I'll figure it out.

Edited by siminov

WOW!!! LOL!!!

I gotta hand it to all of ya that bothered to stop in here... Most of you gave me quite a good chuckle... and yeah... Maybe YESTERDAY I needed a little hug! LOL ! Its all good... Two things I think really worked well, though would be the call for a "hooker and blow" section... laugh.png That was GREAT!!! and the "A paranoia section with the sub-title: This section is being closely monitored by the Authorities! " Really was TOP NOTCH!!!! 032.gif032.gif

My whole point of this was not to deter anyone from posting... but more just a little rant of the state of posts lately... Hit the archives and read some posts from back in 04 and 05... LOTS of really good GUN stuff back then... It just seems kinda disappointing that its changed up a bit... but that keeps with the times... What can ya do?!?!

Responses to this post, however is the reason that I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!!! Yall got great senses of humor and I got a GREAT laugh and yall made my day!!! 032.gif

Yes, I have to power to shitcan things I dont like... but thats not why I am here... I am not here to kick out people that say things that dont MATCH MY MINDSET... Thats not how it works here and thats why THIS place is the best!!! You CAN come here and say things that might not be mainstream for other gun forums without too much worry that you will be banned cause you said something a moderator didnt AGREE with... 032.gif

Yall are the best!!!

000.gif

Hope you didn't take my post as busting on you Indy, and I wasn't suggesting axeing people because you don't agree with them......after all we are a higher class of turds then barf.com

Nope... I know you were not busting on me at all... :lol:

I know you werent SUGGESTING it... but saying I COULD... And thats what I meant in my response above... I know I COULD... but thats not what we are about here. Of course... if you are a douchebag troll you get the hammer... LOL!!! :lol::up:

Polls, trolls, assholes. The things we accidently step in on the 'net.

I like the idea of a paranoid section. Call it "Just because you are paranoid, that doesn't mean that they are not really after you". Put it right next to Juggs's cornfield.

Paranoid??? I am NOT paranoid I just think tin foil is very stylish..

Plus crazy people talk to themselves. I talk to an imaginary friend named Bob and his twin Ronnie. There is a pretty big difference... I do get tired of Ronnies endless talking about black helicopters and cattle mutilations. If He talks much more and I'll snap and start talking to myself!!

And I think we already have a forum for Paranoid topics.. Its called general discussion.

• Like 1

Paranoid??? I am NOT paranoid I just think tin foil is very stylish..

Plus crazy people talk to themselves. I talk to an imaginary friend named Bob and his twin Ronnie. There is a pretty big difference... I do get tired of Ronnies endless talking about black helicopters and cattle mutilations. If He talks much more and I'll snap and start talking to myself!!

And I think we already have a forum for Paranoid topics.. Its called general discussion.

So you know Ronnie, too? He never told me he had a brother. I wonder why he never mentioned that. Maybe he's hiding something from me. Maybe he's a double agent. Yeah, that's it. I'll have to shoot Ronnie next time I see him in my bowl of corn flakes. You can't be too careful.

Don't like it, don't read it. I usually don't. Nice thing about forums, YOU have that choice. Yes there is a place for political stuff and it should be posted there if it applies. But some of us already would like to censor certain topics and state so regularly, out of non interest, fear or what have you. At what point do we become what we state to hate.

• Like 2

:whssign:

Don't like it, don't read it. I usually don't. Nice thing about forums, YOU have that choice. Yes there is a place for political stuff and it should be posted there if it applies. But some of us already would like to censor certain topics and state so regularly, out of non interest, fear or what have you. At what point do we become what we state to hate.

Agreed.

I can almost see both sides of this non-issue. Some people are drawn into prepping via firearms and some people are drawn into firearms by prepping.Saigas are just the hub we're all using. Either way we've all wound up here on this site. I'm probably more on the prepper side. It doesn't mean I'm paranoid or stupid but thanks for implying that. I can see how reading about all the negativity can be a downer, and it is. But EVERYONE on this site is a prepper in some form to some degree, if we weren't we'd all be meeting at OWS rallies instead. Obviously there is an interest in being prepared for lifes big bumps as well as the small ones, just look at all the threads on the subject. But like others have stated there are better suited sites for this stuff and I have no problem reading this stuff there. I will add that not too many threads in the general discussion area have anything at all to do with saigas, should they all go?

It's not the prepper side siminov, it's the people that get so stuck on worrying about the "gubament takin my baby" that it completely rules there lives. If you can't go to a movie and dinner without thinking the world is coming to an end with atomic bombs and EMPs then it might be time to check in to the tin foil hat club. If you think every cop is out to beat you and do more harm then good, it might be time for a tin foil hat or an occupation change (i.e. stop doing stupid shit all the time or stop breaking the law). If you live in America and feel that you have no rights, it might be time for a tin foil hat....or a move to a third world country.

In the last month we've had one dude write a manifesto and drop it on here and had a slew of posts about how so and so is out to get you, in short there have been a whole bunch of lunatics lately.

I personally say come get some, I'll continue about my daily business without working myself in to a tizzy.

I think that's what INDY was getting at.

• Like 2

Thats all well and fine for the regular members and contributors here on the forums... As a mod... I dont have that luxury... Granted I cant read ALL the posts.. but I TRY to read as many as I can... otherwise... I wouldnt know who's stirring which turd, with what, where, and when on the forums... :( Likewise the same goes for the other mods too... I am sure! And Yarp's pretty much hit on it... It's one thing to be concerned... Its another when it starts to rule your existance... :unsure:

:smoke:

Oh, and whatever happened to folks including the option of "I like Pie" on their polls??? I thought that was mandatory?

It was sort of a nice way to say "This is a stupid poll"

Edited by RobRez

I totally agree with IndyArms. You guys contribute tons of invaluable firearms knowledge to the community. But as of late, all the political stuff gives me a vary unwelcome feeling around here. And I feel reluctant to post. Please keep it in the political and or mall ninja section.

I agree 100% and especially the unwelcome feeling part. I get too riled up reading all the craziness and hatred when "Viewing New Content", so from now on will only follow the Saiga 12 forum and only reply only if I can help a "Bro" in Need.

Paranoid people live longer...

Maybe it just feels longer...

Two reasons I don't come around as often as before: (1) plenty of knowledgeable guys to answer questions now, and (2) crazy-assed arguments about banning etc.

• Like 1