Romy Quad Rail Problem

I tried to remove the top section of the quad rail and none of my allen wrenches fit the allen bolts. It's an odd size in between 1/8 and 3/32. I even tried my other allen wrenches I've gotten from manufactures who just give you a little one to make sure you have the right one, none of those fit either.

Well I need to know for certain. I'm tired of dropping cash on this. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just, I guess psychologically worn out on spending more money. I've got 2 projects going here, this is one of them and both Murphy has moved in on me big time. I hate Murphy's Law, I wish God would deactivate it so I could have some peace. *drained* :(

Understandable. I'm going to ask though, did you consult the instructions on Chaos's website prior to installation? Prior to starting any project you have to know that you have the tools to complete it. I only say that b/c I too have made mistakes that I assumed SHOULD be right. I rounded out a Torque screw b/c it clearly looked like a torque but was really something called an IP screw. Had to send my entire rifle back to Savage and wait for them to replace the screws on my dime since I bought it second hand. I hope it works out for you, bud. Keep your head up. Every now and then we all get to kick Murphy in the teeth.

I didn't even know that the instructions were online. Thankfully I've not stripped anything out yet but I hear ya. It still looks immaculately brand spanking new. I'm too determined to quit, just means it's break time. At least I spent money on tools, that I can live with. :) lol

Just saw the mini rails, sick. That's prolly gonna be for another project in the future if I could drop one on a Mini Draco or something. Yeah just downloaded the .pdf I feel like a moron. lol :D010.gif

Now I gotta find one. That's a bit of an odd size but I think I know where to go to get one. Place I know sells tools to industries.

Hopefully I'll be able to wrap this project up soon and take some pics. Looks like I'll need to pick up a tube without the upper brackets for the handguard so that it looks right. Either way, this quad is more sick looking in person than it is in a picture. Kicks the snot out of the MI AK quad rails.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: I got it on. Didn't need the tube without the brackets after all, which is good, the brackets can serve as a brush guard. No pics yet, I've got two more items to get before I take pics of the project all wrapped up. It's looking sick already but I must restrain myself and get the new parts next month when I have more cash. It should be pretty sweet when it all finally comes together. Sort of a new school meets old school deal. In the mean time, she's by my bed standing guard and ready at a moment's notice with nasty little HP rounds.

The size (for some future guy who is unaware like I was). Is 7/64