Saiga IZ 340 AK74 Rifle NEW Model

We just got in a shipment of the NEW Saiga IZ 340 5.45 X 39 rifles , these have the Russian Factory installed front han guards and AK74 front sight block . These also have threads on the front block covered up by a thread protector for import purposes. These are a excellent choice for your Saiga AK74 conversions.

Atlantic Firearms.com

Widest Selection of AK Firearms in the USA.

IZ340.jpg

• Like 4
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We just got in a shipment of the NEW Saiga IZ 340 5.45 X 39 rifles , these have the Russian Factory installed front han guards and AK74 front sight block . These also have threads on the front block c

Got my conversion finished on this model. Thanks to Atlantic and CSS for everything!!  

The following parts are what would be required to replicate the $469 IZ 340 (according to what I can make out by their web pic)   Front Sight Block W/Bayonet Lug $55.00 Gas Tube $18.00 Hand Guard

Wow I just bought a Saiga from you guys and I really wanted a 5.45 like that but couldn't find one anywhere and thought it didn't exist. Figures you just got it now when I just ordered one on tuesday and It's just about to get here today. Oh well I guess. Maybe next time..

The following parts are what would be required to replicate the $469 IZ 340 (according to what I can make out by their web pic)

Front Sight Block W/Bayonet Lug $55.00

Gas Tube $18.00

Hand Guard Retainer $15.00

KVar Hand Guard $60.00

TOTAL $148.00 or $183.00 (with bolt-on Lower Hand Guard retainer $50.00)

If you picked up a $299 rifle it would be $447.00 or with bolt on hand guard $482.

The bolt on hand guard (a very common way for many) ends up being more than Atlantics $469 deal.

It's not a bad deal especially if someone doesn't want to do the front end work

(Prices from MARKW1 and CSS)

Edited by NM0
  • Like 1

Cool! I think this one is just about to the level of conversion that I wanted but I'm a big chicken when it comes to wrenching guns. Sure I'll field/detail strip them and all that jazz but when someone says, "Now take your Dremel...", I lose confidence.

Cool! I think this one is just about to the level of conversion that I wanted but I'm a big chicken when it comes to wrenching guns. Sure I'll field/detail strip them and all that jazz but when someone says, "Now take your Dremel...", I lose confidence.

LOL

I plan on doing the trigger and stock when I get it.

LOL

I plan on doing the trigger and stock when I get it.

Sounds awesome. Maybe you could post pics of your conversion along the way. I've looked at a bunch but still feel most conversions are beyond my skill level. Heck I even considered laying down the silver for a Red Jacket conversion but then I saw this and it was more of what I was looking for and the right price. Hogs of East Texas...I'm coming for you.

Good for you guys. If I wanted to do another black 5.45 I would get one too. The price is right.

wagdog don't sell yourself short on the basic conversion. It is super simple and you really can't screw it up. There are many threads on it in here. Do some reading and build your confidence.

I look forward to you alls conversions with these rifles.

Have fun.

• Like 1

Good for you guys. If I wanted to do another black 5.45 I would get one too. The price is right.

wagdog don't sell yourself short on the basic conversion. It is super simple and you really can't screw it up. There are many threads on it in here. Do some reading and build your confidence.

I look forward to you alls conversions with these rifles.

Have fun.

Thanks for the encouragement! I will definitely spend more time reading/watching videos on saiga conversions. If I like this one as much as I hope I will, I am getting one in223 too.

Gah! That's a great price. If I had waited a month longer, I wouldn't be ordering thread tools....

Well, there's still hope, I suppose. The lady's fond of shooting the 5.45, so maybe I can get budget approval for another one....

I know what you mean about getting budget approval. Mine should be showing up at one of my local FFLs Friday. Can't wait to run some rounds through it!

this looks awesome. like was mentioned above, i hope they still have some in stock when tax returns come by...

One question though...

The thread protector... it almost looks like it has been pinned on (just like the big ol 24mm 74 brake). is it welded on like a regular saiga, or simply screwed on and pinned?

Got mine today!! yes it has the scratched out import mark. Magazine dimples. Build date 10/2011. The thread cover on the front is barely held on by creasing the back in a couple spots,spins around over the threads. Nice rifle! Ordered my conversion parts today also. I loaded up a mag and no problems cycling by hand without the bullet guide.

Got mine today!! yes it has the scratched out import mark. Magazine dimples. Build date 10/2011. The thread cover on the front is barely held on by creasing the back in a couple spots,spins around over the threads. Nice rifle! Ordered my conversion parts today also. I loaded up a mag and no problems cycling by hand without the bullet guide.

Finally picked mine up today. Mine has the same build date. Let me know when you figure out how to get the thread protector off!

I plan on buying an IZ 340 from Atlantic Firearms to do my first conversion. I know that the front is mostly done. Right now Im in the information gathering process so I know what Im going when i get into to build. I will let everyone know how it truns out.

Edited by StealStick
  • 2 weeks later...

is this the best deal going for 5.45? I got my tax money in and am ready to pull the trigger (pun intended)

You can get the standard import model, without the front end/ threaded muzzle... For $320. at Classic Arms.

Depends on what you want/how you want to convert it, if the extra money is worth it.