My Bullpup build

I built a drop in Trigger using the old Trigger, Trigger Pin and stock Spring when I did the conversion. I decided to use the cable system to activate the Trigger mechanism, Grip is from a Yugoslavian M70. I still need to test fire, which I will do once I press this stubborn Gas Block back on. Everything test fit together fine, Trigger works fine, and pull is very smoothe, and surprisingly very light. At first the Gun felt very heavy, even without the magazine inserted, so I weighed it with a empty 30 round Mag and it weighed in at a exactly 7 1/2 lbs, It felt way heavier. Trigger length of pull is 15 1/2. I love the feel of this pup, it feels perfectly balanced as far as weight distribution , maybe because everything is so close to my body

post-22569-0-69299700-1325961085_thumb.jpg

post-22569-0-97688900-1325961103_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sumsky
  • Like 7
  • Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I built a drop in Trigger using the old Trigger, Trigger Pin and stock Spring when I did the conversion. I decided to use the cable system to activate the Trigger mechanism, Grip is from a Yugoslavi

Tell you what. I will try to pump these things out at Home shopping network price if the demand calls for them.

That's easily the best looking Kalashnikov based pup I have seen. Nice work.

Posted Images

Very nicely executed thus far. I'm honestly impressed. I love what you did with the front handguard.

Keep us updated, I'm interested in what you do for sights.

That is a modified stock handguard correct? Are you worried about the heat at all? they are notorious for melting during rapid fire.

Edited by Nailbomb
spelling

Very nicely executed thus far. I'm honestly impressed. I love what you did with the front handguard.

Keep us updated, I'm interested in what you do for sights.

That is a modified stock handguard correct? Are you worried about the heat at all? they are notorious for melting during rapid fire.

Yes the Handguard is a modified Stock Handguard, if it starts to melt I will just put a Aluminum shield inside the Handguard, not a problem.

Very nice. I really like that forend and the trigger is a good idea.

Question, how are you for 922r?

US FCG, and US Magazine brings me to the correct number of parts. I am going to cut a US Trigger and use it for my drop in once everything is final. I still have to do the Camo Paint job, so I dont want to install the Trigger mechanism as yet.

Edited by Sumsky
  • Like 1

Now this I like, it is very stylish... Look forward to seeing it complete with sights.

Is that you buttstock too?

What did you use to build up the forearm?

Edited by ChileRelleno

I'm normally not a big fan of bullpups. Most of them look like Frankenrifles with cheap chopped up parts.

However, this one has changed my mind on the concept.

Very well thought out and executed. Looking forward to seeing the finished rifle.

Edited by DaveM

Now this I like, it is very stylish... Look forward to seeing it complete with sights.

Is that you buttstock too?

What did you use to build up the forearm?

Yes, I cut and modified a Buttstock also, I still have to notch a small opening for the Bolt Hold Open lever. The hand guard was contoured to the way my hand naturally fits on the front. I used Wood, Golf Club Epoxy and Bondo, secured by a Nut and Bolt, through the Trig Guard up into the Handguard. Why Golf Club Epoxy, because it stands up to direct torching to remove Golf Club Heads.

5'7" tall with or without your cranium??

LOL with the Cranium.

Edited by Sumsky

Dude, seriously, I've never seen a bullpup I liked before.

I really want to see what you come up with for sights.

If the sights are incorporate into the overall aesthetics well, I would buy one of these as a kit in a heartbeat if the price was reasonable.

Edited by ChileRelleno
  • Like 1

I had the same outlook on Bullpups as you guys. Belive me I went over so many designs trying to blend the parts together to make this Gun look balanced, and pleasing to the eyes. I am still trying to come up with a Flash Suppressor, and a Sight that will match the Gun.

If the sights are incorporate into the overall aesthetics well, I would buy one of these as a kit in a heartbeat if the price was reasonable.

The thought did cross my mind on making Kits. The complete drop in Trigger Housing, Handguard Pistol Grip and Trig Guard could be molded as a complete one piece unit ready to be bolted on,and the Buttstock. But I dont have the funds to back it right now. unhappy.gif

The thought did cross my mind on making Kits. The complete drop in Trigger Housing, Handguard Pistol Grip and Trig Guard could be molded as a complete one piece unit ready to be bolted on,and the Buttstock. But I dont have the funds to back it right now. unhappy.gif

Once you have everything figured out on yours, you might be able to talk to some businesses about buying yours to make copies of.

Once you have everything figured out on yours, you might be able to talk to some businesses about buying yours to make copies of.

Thats a good idea. I would do quite a bit of upgrades if this was to go into production. Rivets on the Buttstock would be gone, a heat shield would be inside the Hand Guard, and the Pistol Grip would be molded into the Hand Guard to give a more smothe uniformed look. This is really just a Prototype if I decide to put this into production. In order to make molds for this I would have to change a few things for the Tooling to be made.

Edited by Sumsky

It looks much cleaner than the KVar/Century bullpup kit, and isn't a mall-ninja POS like the CBRPS chassis'. I have a couple suggestions though:

-Rails: As the forearm is decidedly proprietary you need to modify it to have some mounting points for rail segments, especially to mount a VFG seeing as how your grip involves touching the barrel.

-Sights: Arguably this is one of the few places where a scoutscope mount would *not* suck in terms of cheekweld, and Ultimaks cook EOtechs and Aimpoint clones. Additionally, people my like having BUIS. I think that perhaps an Ultimak with a long rail that cantilevers back over the rear sight and extends forward, maybe anchoring to the original front sight post.

-Reinforced dust cover: Peeps are worried about bullpups and kabooms next to their melons. The AUG uses a thick layer of plastic. The RFB has 2mm of steel. You need a way of protecting the user from potential out of battery detonations. Perhaps a dust cover with a few layers of kevlar weave epoxied on top, or something similar.

Hey, didn't you have a pic up of your drop in trigger assembly?

Actually if you could do the assembly with or without the trigger, you may have a seller in itself. If you have enough parts, the actual trigger need not be US and the end user could use his own Saiga trigger. Also, selling them with/without the PG may up your sales so that they could be customized without the extra cost of the PG.

Just a few thoughts

It looks much cleaner than the KVar/Century bullpup kit, and isn't a mall-ninja POS like the CBRPS chassis'. I have a couple suggestions though:

-Rails: As the forearm is decidedly proprietary you need to modify it to have some mounting points for rail segments, especially to mount a VFG seeing as how your grip involves touching the barrel.

-Sights: Arguably this is one of the few places where a scoutscope mount would *not* suck in terms of cheekweld, and Ultimaks cook EOtechs and Aimpoint clones. Additionally, people my like having BUIS. I think that perhaps an Ultimak with a long rail that cantilevers back over the rear sight and extends forward, maybe anchoring to the original front sight post.

-Reinforced dust cover: Peeps are worried about bullpups and kabooms next to their melons. The AUG uses a thick layer of plastic. The RFB has 2mm of steel. You need a way of protecting the user from potential out of battery detonations. Perhaps a dust cover with a few layers of kevlar weave epoxied on top, or something similar.

This is not meant to be confrontational, but how many times have you seen a dust cover blown off of an AK-pattern rifle during firing?

• Like 1