My Bullpup build

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I built a drop in Trigger using the old Trigger, Trigger Pin and stock Spring when I did the conversion. I decided to use the cable system to activate the Trigger mechanism, Grip is from a Yugoslavi

Tell you what. I will try to pump these things out at Home shopping network price if the demand calls for them.

That's easily the best looking Kalashnikov based pup I have seen. Nice work.

Posted Images

If interest keeps climbing I will find a way to put this into production. I will also make these available for the S12, with minor changes. Remember this is just a working prototype, minor changes will be made to make production easier for the molding process. Thanks for all the support.

Edited by Sumsky
  • Like 1

Think I'll spread this around on a couple other forum then as that would suck if we couldn't get our hands on this setup. Ain't no fun if the homies can't have none

Tell you what. I will try to pump these things out at Home shopping network price if the demand calls for them. big_smile.gif

• Like 2

It looks much cleaner than the KVar/Century bullpup kit, and isn't a mall-ninja POS like the CBRPS chassis'. I have a couple suggestions though:

-Rails: As the forearm is decidedly proprietary you need to modify it to have some mounting points for rail segments, especially to mount a VFG seeing as how your grip involves touching the barrel.

-Sights: Arguably this is one of the few places where a scoutscope mount would *not* suck in terms of cheekweld, and Ultimaks cook EOtechs and Aimpoint clones. Additionally, people my like having BUIS. I think that perhaps an Ultimak with a long rail that cantilevers back over the rear sight and extends forward, maybe anchoring to the original front sight post.

-Reinforced dust cover: Peeps are worried about bullpups and kabooms next to their melons. The AUG uses a thick layer of plastic. The RFB has 2mm of steel. You need a way of protecting the user from potential out of battery detonations. Perhaps a dust cover with a few layers of kevlar weave epoxied on top, or something similar.

This is not meant to be confrontational, but how many times have you seen a dust cover blown off of an AK-pattern rifle during firing?

It is one of those things that does happen(regardless of how rarely) and not takeing steps to limit potential damage could land you in the hospital or court if you're selling the kit.

If you watch the Youtube vids in slow motion/stop frame, you'll notice that most of the time it's the dustcover being pushed back and the front raiseing up away from the barrel. A simple tab about an ich or so back and over the top of the shroud is usually enough.

Worst case scenarioes tend to have the bolt carrier and all fly back past the end of the receiver. Into your face if shooting normally, into your shoulder if shooting bullpupped. And iirc, it tends to happen on the cheaper/lighter built AKs.

Some form of safety add on is just good policy. Imho.

Oh Yes, I want one. You might consider making the vertical grip compatiable with an AR, or something else that is in the aftermarkets, that will alow customization.

Yes, I will make it to also accept AR15 Grips. There is also enough space for Rails for a Light. This is just a prototype.

Edited by Sumsky

VERY NICE! Unlike those that have stated " I'm not a bullpup fan" I am a bullpup fan and have built a Saiga 410 from a kvar kit and I like it alot. That being said, yours looks much nicer. I hope you bring it into production, I think there are a lot of closet bulpup fans out there.

VERY NICE! Unlike those that have stated " I'm not a bullpup fan" I am a bullpup fan and have built a Saiga 410 from a kvar kit and I like it alot. That being said, yours looks much nicer. I hope you bring it into production, I think there are a lot of closet bulpup fans out there.

I will admit, I was not a Bullpup fan. They seem very akward, and could not find a Kit that I liked so I just stayed away from them. One day I said heck, since I cant find a kit I like let me see if I can make one that looks appealing to my eyes. If I dont like how it feels I will just scrap the project no great loss and convert my Saiga back to AK format. I must say this Bullpup is the best balanced Gun I have ever felt.

It looks much cleaner than the KVar/Century bullpup kit, and isn't a mall-ninja POS like the CBRPS chassis'. I have a couple suggestions though:

-Rails: As the forearm is decidedly proprietary you need to modify it to have some mounting points for rail segments, especially to mount a VFG seeing as how your grip involves touching the barrel.

-Sights: Arguably this is one of the few places where a scoutscope mount would *not* suck in terms of cheekweld, and Ultimaks cook EOtechs and Aimpoint clones. Additionally, people my like having BUIS. I think that perhaps an Ultimak with a long rail that cantilevers back over the rear sight and extends forward, maybe anchoring to the original front sight post.

-Reinforced dust cover: Peeps are worried about bullpups and kabooms next to their melons. The AUG uses a thick layer of plastic. The RFB has 2mm of steel. You need a way of protecting the user from potential out of battery detonations. Perhaps a dust cover with a few layers of kevlar weave epoxied on top, or something similar.

This is not meant to be confrontational, but how many times have you seen a dust cover blown off of an AK-pattern rifle during firing?

It is one of those things that does happen(regardless of how rarely) and not takeing steps to limit potential damage could land you in the hospital or court if you're selling the kit.

If you watch the Youtube vids in slow motion/stop frame, you'll notice that most of the time it's the dustcover being pushed back and the front raiseing up away from the barrel. A simple tab about an ich or so back and over the top of the shroud is usually enough.

Worst case scenarioes tend to have the bolt carrier and all fly back past the end of the receiver. Into your face if shooting normally, into your shoulder if shooting bullpupped. And iirc, it tends to happen on the cheaper/lighter built AKs.

Some form of safety add on is just good policy. Imho.

Thank you for answering my question. Not many people do it calmly anymore.

All this talk and none even noticed that that man also invented an invisibility hat/ski mask!? All I see is palm trees! :) Just kidding!

Nice design I definitely would like to try one out if I had the chance; I also remember another member or two here making a couple prototypes. Don't exactly remember what came out of it though.

Please don't camo it. Camo is the to guns what a garage applied racer stripe is to a Honda Civic.

It looks lovely as it is now and like it came out of a better factory. Even a good camo job says, " I made this out of bondo in my garage."

Edited by GunFun
  • Like 1

Please don't camo it. Camo is the to guns what a garage applied racer stripe is to a Honda Civic.

It looks lovely and like it came out of a better factory. Even a good camo job says, " I made this out of bondo in my garage."

beaten.gif owch.

I know some people are probably wondering why I did not cover the Receiver, or encase the complete Gun like a lot of other Bullpups out there. I kept the design simple where you could still easily get the dust cover off, if you were out in the elements, without using tools. Also I wanted to still be able to see the AK designed Receiver. If I wanted to make a new Gun I would completely design a new Receiver, and not incase it in Polimer. Keep it simple, and operational. Thanks for all the great feedback.

It looks lovely and like it came out of a better factory. Even a good camo job says, " I made this out of bondo in my garage."

beaten.gif owch.

Already then. I definately will not camo my Gun.

Edited by Sumsky
  • Like 1

I Love it, slick lines, more manageable, and a great look.bad_smile.gif

I'm just not a big fan of charging handles running into my face (Lefty). unhappy.gif

You could move the charging handle over to the left side.