My Bullpup build

i HAVE to do a bullpup build next. but i wonder, if i popped out the barrel, cut it, added a bulgy fs/gb, and blind pinned an extended brake (like an ak104/105) and bullpuped the whole thing, would that be a bit "too much" to the user when it comes to actually firing it? i like my shit as loud and obnoxious as possible and as short as the law will allow me to, but i dont want my face burned by the muzzle flash or anything...

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I built a drop in Trigger using the old Trigger, Trigger Pin and stock Spring when I did the conversion. I decided to use the cable system to activate the Trigger mechanism, Grip is from a Yugoslavi

Tell you what. I will try to pump these things out at Home shopping network price if the demand calls for them.

That's easily the best looking Kalashnikov based pup I have seen. Nice work.

Posted Images

i HAVE to do a bullpup build next. but i wonder, if i popped out the barrel, cut it, added a bulgy fs/gb, and blind pinned an extended brake (like an ak104/105) and bullpuped the whole thing, would that be a bit "too much" to the user when it comes to actually firing it? i like my shit as loud and obnoxious as possible and as short as the law will allow me to, but i dont want my face burned by the muzzle flash or anything...

You have guys shooting 8 inch S12, so far no one complained about eyebrows getting burned. Do it. I was actualy thinking about doing the same thing, I just cant seem to find the right looking brake as yet.

Spoke to my cousin this weekend about running my Pup through the SWAT CQB training facility where his team trains. He said I would have to set it up on a 5.56 for him to test it. So I guess I will put the kit on a Saiga 5.56 Saiga once I am done.

I would like to know how you modified the front handguard so well?! Looks really nice! Good job !

Lots of drawings on paper, then drilling, grinding and sanding, test fit cut a bit, sand a bit, test fit and do it all over till everything fit together. Very time consuming.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

you could probably thread it for a titan 308 brake or if you put the kit on a 5.56 you could do the 223 version, seems like it would look good with just a plain barrel and no front sight. i was thinking about using one on my 5.45 build but i dont think having a long skinny brake after the front sight would look very good.

• 1 month later...

any updates? awesome build, very insperational

Yes. Live fire test went great. I customized the stock so I can install a knurled lever to the bolt hold open lever, I will add pics once that custom mod is complete.

Love this thing, shoots great. Trigger is smoothe as butter. Took a while but its finaly done. Will be changing the 1/2 Riser out for a 1" Riser. Still deciding what I am going to do with the front. Might SBR it.

Weight as seen in Photo w empty Magazine 8lbs

Length Of Pull 15 1/4

Overall Length 26 inches

Strike Industries Rear Sight Rail

Primary Arms Micro Dot removable base and Killflash

Yankee Hill 1/2 Riser

Olight M20 Tac Light with offset mount

Magpul Moe rail

Yugo style Grip

Arsenal Fire Control Group

Everything else custom made by me

im014015.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by Sumsky
  • Like 1

Very nice. And I like the way your optic mount hangs back over the front of your receiver cover. In case of a blow out, that will at least offer you a bit of protection.

Hows it feel with a drum?

Very nice. And I like the way your optic mount hangs back over the front of your receiver cover. In case of a blow out, that will at least offer you a bit of protection.

I dont own a Drum. Just could not see myself lugging around a steel drum with 75 rounds.

Just thinking, that would make an awesome PDW, but I suppose a couple 40s would amount to the same.

Definately a great PDW, with reach out and touch capabality also, thanks to the 16 inch Barrel, and this Puppy is way shorter than my AKS 74U with the 8 inch Barrel. I love this Gun.

Oh I forgot to mention something about the Strike Industries rear sight mount I used. I used a YHM 1/2 riser for the dot sight, but for some rason the YHM is really sloppy on the Strike Industries rail. I need to use my caliper and check the measurements on the Strike Ind Rail to see if its out of specs. I am talking real sloppy, shake, rattle, noisy, sloppy. The 1/2 inch riser is too low for me so I am going to use a UTG clamp type 1 inch riser and see how that works.

OK, this video clearly shows a AK Dust cover being blown off in the operators face [media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzVZ_OjAxuU[/media] I know this is one of the biggest concerns people question when they see a AK Bullpup. If this is your concern please mail all your AK's and Saiga weapons to my address below, and start buying AR15's. Bullpup or not you are going to get stuff in your face if the cover goes. So dont use the excuse, (my concern is the Dust Cover) if thats your concern, you should not own a AK. Go buy an AR. Play with fire you might get burned. You drive on the road you might get run over by a Mack Truck. You cut the Grass you might get run over by your own mower.

Edited by Sumsky

If something is going to blow up, its going to blow up. The idea is to minimalize the potential damage as much as possible. By ignoreing the risk, however slight, esp in a commercial kit, is simply asking for a law suit. A full cover is most likely not necessary. But a tab over the front of the cover is a simple matter whether welded on or integrated into the stock.

It's not about "manning up" its about that little bit of safety that shows you actually give a shit about your potential customers. That is if you still intend to sell this as a kit.

At any rate, it looks really cool. You did a nice job.

If something is going to blow up, its going to blow up. The idea is to minimalize the potential damage as much as possible. By ignoreing the risk, however slight, esp in a commercial kit, is simply asking for a law suit. A full cover is most likely not necessary. But a tab over the front of the cover is a simple matter whether welded on or integrated into the stock.

It's not about "manning up" its about that little bit of safety that shows you actually give a shit about your potential customers. That is if you still intend to sell this as a kit.

I understand what you are saying about the blowing up. But why would you, me, or any other Kit builder be responsible for the law suit. Your Kit or my kit or any other kit had nothing to do with the cover blowing off. What people are failing to see here is, you and I are not manufacturing a new Firearm, but a Kit to alter the appearance, and handling. If they are going to sue anyone it should be the factory in Russia.

Hey, love your S12 Kit also. Way better than the one that just started shipping, after years of promises.

Lets all man up!!!! haha.gif

This was suggested over at the AK Forum, read below. People, please dont take what I am saying personally, or as an attack against you. Its just my opinion based on the Dust Cover Blow off. With your Face 2 1/2 inches behind the Cover or on top of the cover, you gonna DIE. I do have an idea how I could cover the Dust Cover, and incorperate into my Pup Kit BUT, that would make the kit cost more, if it went on the market, plus I dont think Polimer would protect your Face either. I would just be taking your money for a false sence of safety to keep your GuRLY Face beautiful. So go the cheap route below. SMILE, dont take me seriously. So man up, and QUIT being a GuRLY MAN!

If your concerned about the dust cover blowing off just use a Galil recoil spring assembly. The longer tab will prevent the cover from coming off, problem solved. If it blows off after that you need to buy a different AK ...

Edited by Sumsky

Sums, don't get your panties in a twist, lol.

As most AK blow outs seem to result in the bolt carrier and cover popping up from the front, your rail would inhibit that. If you don't make it part of the commercial kit, simply recommending it or similiar should cover you in court. Hel, it would be more than the Kpup does save for their plastic cover that has to be removed(looks to be no quick task) to get into the receiver. And significantly more than the KVar kit..

Hel, I've shot the shit outa my S12 with just the KVar plastic cover rivited to the receiver cover. No probs, but the plastic was nice as a cheek rest and helped against heat build up. I started out with a steel, QD cover but it was alot of unneccasary weight. I'll likely go with an aluminum QD cover mostly to facilitate a forward chargeing handle.

Every kit has it's own merits. Some are entry level and some, not so much. I'm trying to go for an actual conversion covering most of the bases, many of what some of the others don't. Like a top rail and other additional mods as they're developed. A little hands on skill will be required, but the pay off should be a bit higher. It'll ultimately come down to individuality. Thankfully there are finally several of us trying to put out kits so the choices will be greater for everyone.

My next question is, have you been thinking of how to mass produce it?

Sums, don't get your panties in a twist, lol.

As most AK blow outs seem to result in the bolt carrier and cover popping up from the front, your rail would inhibit that. If you don't make it part of the commercial kit, simply recommending it or similiar should cover you in court. Hel, it would be more than the Kpup does save for their plastic cover that has to be removed(looks to be no quick task) to get into the receiver. And significantly more than the KVar kit..

Hel, I've shot the shit outa my S12 with just the KVar plastic cover rivited to the receiver cover. No probs, but the plastic was nice as a cheek rest and helped against heat build up. I started out with a steel, QD cover but it was alot of unneccasary weight. I'll likely go with an aluminum QD cover mostly to facilitate a forward chargeing handle.

Every kit has it's own merits. Some are entry level and some, not so much. I'm trying to go for an actual conversion covering most of the bases, many of what some of the others don't. Like a top rail and other additional mods as they're developed. A little hands on skill will be required, but the pay off should be a bit higher. It'll ultimately come down to individuality. Thankfully there are finally several of us trying to put out kits so the choices will be greater for everyone.

My next question is, have you been thinking of how to mass produce it?

My Kit also will take a bit of DYI knowledge and hand Tool aptitude. Its not one of those Snap Tite Models for beginners, if I ever get it to production. I dream at nights about how to mass produce it, and wake up with a Head ache. The molds are going to cost some cash. that would be the best way to do the kit. If I tried making one kit at a time by hand you would be able to buy a Gun for the price I charge for one kit, not worth it for the consumer, and too time consuming for me. So I will just have to come up with the cash to get the molds made. Because of the body contouring on my Kit, and the drop in Trigger Housing I made, the person that tries to build it from scratch would have to know how to Weld,and to do body work on a Car or Boat.

• 1 month later...