New Gun Store, the S12 ban rumor, and some KSG orders.

Went by a new gun shop that opened about 25 days ago a few miles from where I live. Gun prices weren't necessarily awful on handguns but the black guns were steep. In my conversation with them I brought up the S12 and was told they were looking into it but apprehensive because of the possibly of a ban. I told them I haven't heard the B word in several months but whatever. Also told me they had 37 orders for the Keltec KSG. (Selling at $850). They definitely acted like it was the most superior shotgun ever without even having one in house. Also, building a 16 lane indoor range. It will be the first indoor range in this area so I am excited about that.

So what are the latest rumors on any bans on imported firearms?

How deluded are they on the greatness of the KSG?

Edited by Peckaldee

if they were truly concerned about a ban. would'nt they buy as many s12 shotguns as possible? idiots. prices have dropped below 600.00. retail.

as to the KSG. as you know it is very new and by my estimation overpriced. to be sure it has the "cool" factor. however it is still just a slow to load pump. i would not purchase one until i was satisfied the the design is a proven one.

Last I heard is that there may, at worst, be a slow down because of importer changes. Just a rumor, though. All my money is being saved up for the "evil" shotguns that mar be imported this year because the sporting clause is basically void.

Not sure I would shop at a place where I felt more Educated about guns than the folks that work there, but Hey, at least you have a 16 lane indoor range nearby! That is Great! Do tell us how the range is when you try it out!

Ban-Schman.

Keltek.....the name says it all.

I am no gun snob, I own a few "Cheap guns" but I bought them CHEAP!!! No illusions. $850...HA!

• Like 1

Not sure I would shop at a place where I felt more Educated about guns than the folks that work there, but Hey, at least you have a 16 lane indoor range nearby! That is Great! Do tell us how the range is when you try it out!

Ban-Schman.

I am no gun snob, I own a few "Cheap guns" but I bought them CHEAP!!! No illusions. $850...HA!

I have 6-8 local stores. 1-2 will get my money. The others are either jerks or horribly ill informed ....or both!

Vote with your wallet.

• Like 1

There are lots of people who are still spreading the ban rumors. The ones selling the S-12s are hoping to scare you into paying too much for a shotgun that you're supposedly not going to be able find again. The others are trying to scare you away from buying something they don't have because big brother is going to take it from you. It's all bullshit from either uninformed or untrustworthy vendors. My advice would be to steer clear of those morons.

• Like 1

I don't plan on buying much from them. Like stated, I was definitely more informed than they were. I even asked them of they had looked into galleryofguns/gungenie. They had never heard of it.

I will give them my business once their range is finished and open. But only use of the range and unfortunately the purchase of their ammo per the rules. I was promised good prices on said ammo once the range got going. Details of the range are 30 yard lanes, bullet proof glass separators, automatic target retrieval/deployment, high powered rifles welcome except for .50, outside steel entry doors with unique keycodes for members. We talked about it at length and they dropped the million dollar pricetag a couple of times. Only other ranges we have around are LE private for the city and county, a members only 15 miles away with two year waiting period, and a couple about an hour away that are in wildlife management areas being nothing more than crude benches looking over knee high tall grass into a hillside. This is in northwest Alabama so good ole boys around here normally have land to shoot on as do I but an indoor range would be nice for rainy days.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Ban-Schman.

that rules out every gun range (and guns store without a range) within 100 miles lol

A new hardware store gun counter opened in the town north of me and I stopped in to check it out. The first time, the gun counter wasn't open. The next time, the guy working ends up telling me he wishes "they" would go ahead and ban hi-cap "clips"... "people shouldn't be allowed to own those things anyway"... Come to find out, he was a friend of the owner that was doing him a favor (big favor huh?) by working a couple days for him. Needless to say I won't be back there.

A new hardware store gun counter opened in the town north of me and I stopped in to check it out. The first time, the gun counter wasn't open. The next time, the guy working ends up telling me he wishes "they" would go ahead and ban hi-cap "clips"... "people shouldn't be allowed to own those things anyway"... Come to find out, he was a friend of the owner that was doing him a favor (big favor huh?) by working a couple days for him. Needless to say I won't be back there.

I hear that, but I'd at least drop by and tell the guy why I'll never buy from him and why I'll word-of-mouth anyone I know away from the place. If he handled the situation amicably, then I might think about going back, if he got all defensive and confrontational, well, that's just more word-of-mouth to hurt his business...

Any range PERIOD that makes me buy their ammo can kiss my ass as I walk out the door never to return.

The main Indoor range near me wanted me to buy their .223 Frangible downloaded ammo

to use on their range at $1 each. They made a new range that I can bring my own ammo now.

The rent lanes by the hour, and on weekends it is about a two hour wait to get in. If you join their

"club" @ $175/yr you get discount time and get put to the front of the line of non-members.

I went to my local gun club. I pay $100/yr and have 24/7 access to the indoor range and 8am-

dusk on all the outdoor ranges. The longest range is 600 yards. You have to qualify for the

indoor range, the Fowler 100yd range and the Leveridge high power range. It does keep out

the Yahoos that go to the public ranges.

We have capped the membership at 900 this year and have started a waiting list for the club.

I just can't do a drum mag dump in my Saiga 12 as they have to be aimed shots.

Malodave

Edited by MaloDave

Any range PERIOD that makes me buy their ammo can kiss my ass as I walk out the door never to return.

The main Indoor range near me wanted me to buy their .223 Frangible downloaded ammo

to use on their range at $1 each. They made a new range that I can bring my own ammo now.

The rent lanes by the hour, and on weekends it is about a two hour wait to get in. If you join their

"club" @ $175/yr you get discount time and get put to the front of the line of non-members.

I went to my local gun club. I pay $100/yr and have 24/7 access to the indoor range and 8am-

dusk on all the outdoor ranges. The longest range is 600 yards. You have to qualify for the

indoor range, the Fowler 100yd range and the Leveridge high power range. It does keep out

the Yahoos that go to the public ranges.

We have capped the membership at 900 this year and have started a waiting list for the club.

I just can't do a drum mag dump in my Saiga 12 as they have to be aimed shots.

Malodave

Just tell them you aim real fast!

1+ to that, i cannot stand paying for overpriced ammo at a gun range that restricts you from using your own. Luckily there is a nice gun range kinda near me that sells ammo but doesn't force you to use it, and their prices are reasonable. I also want to hear more about this Saiga 12 ban (even if it is just another scare i still want to be informed)