New to Saiga...Just as new to the AK platform...

Lookin good. I could care less if it looks traditional or "Tacticool". I like both. I do think the AK pulls off "Tacticool" better than the AR15. Just looks meaner, and it's more custom. The most important thing is that you like the set up.

My wife says AR15's and AK's are like barbies for men, if you don't like the outfit there in you just change it. big_smile.gif I'm lucky my wife lets be buy lots of clothes for mine.big_smile.gif

The word tacticool actually kinda bugs me. The only thing that doesn't serve an actual purpose is the color I picked for the stock and forearm. I wanted a collapsible stock for storage and so my wife could shoot it from time to time and the extended forearm is great because I'm 6'3" with gorilla length arms so being able to move my grip forward does a lot for comfort. Besides, I don't see it as being any different than putting new wheels on a car or truck. They both serve their purpose, just one looks better than the other.

I just got married back in August and before I did I told my wife that the reason I drive my 01 Silverado that is paid off is because I'd rather spend my money on toys than making vehicle payments. I think I get far more enjoyment out of my money this way. I just bought a Ruger 22/45 MKIII and a suppressor for it. That in my book is WAY more fun than a new rig. :) Now I just have to wait the six months or so for my paperwork to come back. :(

No offense meant! Didn't mean to be lumping your build into any generic terminology, just that Your AK has a very functional, clean look to it, more so than some others I've seen that (only in MY opinion) are a bit more "Dressed Up" Everybody has their own vision, and I'd never put anybody else s down, just that yours really spoke to me!

BTW, what's the 6 mo paperwork hold-up? Just curious.

Edited by Mbridge1

No offense meant! Didn't mean to be lumping your build into any generic terminology, just that Your AK has a very functional, clean look to it, more so than some others I've seen that (only in MY opinion) are a bit more "Dressed Up" Everybody has their own vision, and I'd never put anybody else s down, just that yours really spoke to me!

BTW, what's the 6 mo paperwork hold-up? Just curious.

I took no offense what so ever so you have no worries. I bought everything based on what I saw here and combined the pieces into my liking. The beauty of forums is that you can find a plethora of ideas from other people. Finding out what works and doesn't work on someone else's dime sure is nice. big_smile.gif The only part I didn't see any pictures of was the Midwest Industries extended forearm.

The guy that owns the gun shop I bought my suppressor from said the tax stamp to own one is now taking about six months for the BATF to process.

Edited by The Grudge

It is looking good.. I'm still waiting to hear an update on how well the TWS dust cover holds zero?

I will let you know as soon as I can sight it in. I don't want to spend much time on it until I get the FSC47 installed. I'm still waiting on my die from Dinzag. I emailed them today to find out the status and haven't heard back yet. It's been just over two weeks now and it hasn't shipped as far as I know.

It is looking good.. I'm still waiting to hear an update on how well the TWS dust cover holds zero?

I will let you know as soon as I can sight it in. I don't want to spend much time on it until I get the FSC47 installed. I'm still waiting on my die from Dinzag. I emailed them today to find out the status and haven't heard back yet. It's been just over two weeks now and it hasn't shipped as far as I know.

Good luck putting FSC47 on. I'm curious to know how hard it is to thread the barrel. I might have to purchase a die from them as well.

It's the Magpul CTR stock mounted on the CAA aluminum buffer tube.

BChance...I got my die in last week and hopefully tomorrow I can make my TAT after work so I can get the barrel threaded. If I can get it on I will sight it in this weekend let you know how the TWS holds zero.