I am curious why the UAE has not built a canal for an alternative shipping lane. There are some fantastic examples of engineering in that part of the world and this seems very doable.. The peninsular is not very wide and could be a multi nation endeavor that would block irans grip.post-38117-0-63239200-1326033709.gif

• Like 1

Iran is not like Iraq. and nothing like Afghanistan. of course they stand no chance against the zionist powers alone. but they are not alone. attacking Iran would more than likely turn over half the world against us. the hubris of the new world order will be its undoing. even if the U.S. england and israel can prevail militarily. economically everything will unravel. our fancy gadgets wont save as we descend into chaos. Ron Paul has been warning about this for some time. our beloved govt. has been getting its ducks in a row for just such a scenario.another bigger and deadlier false flag attack will do the trick. our people fall for it every time. the plastic flags come out, the cannon fodder line up at recruiting stations, and the propaganda country songs start again.

so why are we pushing for more war? oh, more weapons of mass destruction that don't exist. Iran signed on to the nonproliferation treaty. they allow inspections. israel will not sign.has many nukes. prevents any inspections. just like north korea. but, we are going after Iran, yet another country that has not attacked us.

• Like 7

Dane-They may not have attacked us directly but they do one hell of a job harboring and creating terrorists and would love to stand by and watch us be torn apart. I think that alone is enough to have an issue with them.

If we weren't around I'm positive they would be mounting a full attack on Israel.

• Like 1

Dane sounds ignorant to me. The Iranians proxy Hezbollah blew up the marine compound in Beirut in 1982 murdering 240 marines. Furthermore Iran has threatened to use their nukes once they become capables against Israel and the west because they think it will bring on the 12th Imam who will plunge the world into darkness by imposing their version of Islam on the world, G-d forbid.

• Like 1

My position on Iran is let them act aggressive. If they start any violent act of war or use wmd's against innocent people whats going to happen.

Any over aggression by Iran will result in obliteration.

Why would any country back them slaughtering Israel. Or any other innocent people.

I agree somewhat with axe. Everyone throws around this WAR word with out any aknowledgement that WAR IS HELL it is sacrificing thousands if not millions of 18 year olds for WHAT?

We can not civilize the uncivilized world ex. Iraq Afganistan

We do not go to War unless there is a clear and present threat to our people. Ex. WWII

Any attack by the US on Iran would be economic suicide, even if Israel wants us to fight their proxy war with them. Say Iran mines the straits... yeah the US Navy comes in and flexes it muscles, and reopens it in two weeks - but in the meantime? Oil speculators will drive the cost to $200 a barrel, gas will be $5 a gallon, crippling a already shaky US economy. The Iranians will allow their suicide stooges to run amuck all over the Arab world, further destabilizing so-called Arab democracy in a dozen countries, and the bankrupt European Countries (Greece etc.) will completely collapse under the economic strain which will drag the world market into a full blown depression.

All you "patriots" clamoring about poor little Israel need to get a clue. They are the big boys on the Middle eastern block. They are a nuclear power... they can handle their own little neighborhood on their own. But they won't, because it's easier for them to dupe the US into wasting our blood and treasure and to do their dirty work for them. IMHO it's time to wean the Israelis off the US cash teat. Let them pull their own damn weight for once in their existence...

Edited by Jpanzer
  • Like 3

JPanzer-I don't think Israel is as strong as you think it is. Along with that it's been pretty nice to have a place in that part of the world to be able to say "if you F with this, were going to F you". Allys are typically a good thing so the attitude of F'em it's our money is a little ridiculous especially considering how much money we throw at countries that are not only not allies but enemies. It's also pretty ridiculous that you can't realize the benefits of this ally geographically. Open a map and do the math.

I will agree that getting in another war right now would drain us economically I also don't like more young Americans in the ground, but that's the cost of war and freedom. Like it or hate it that's the truth.

"Zionist powers" -- now that is a loaded couple o words...

Back to the OP's original question. One of the main economic hindrinces to building a canal is that the whole persian gulf is very shallow (relatively) and shipping is restrained to travel in the deepest part as shown in the darker blue. Waaaay too much dredging would be needed to even get the ships close to a canal if it was built. Also the parties involved know that the powers that be will not let a blockade occur so that in itself negates the need for a canal.

"Zionist powers" -- btw anyone believe in the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion"??? How bout leprecauns?

Jesus Christ was a Jew.

he was also a myth laugh.png

Was/is? Is/is not? Well at least someone is in for a big surprise...

Oops -- posted this before I saw the last -- Sorry.

God Bless

Oops again

Edited by Odd Man Out

Guys, Israel isn't a peon. They have a battle hardened ground force with armor on par with the US and Russia. Not in quantity, but in quality. Now granted that "battle" hardened force gained a lot of it's experience shooting kids throwing rocks, but some of it was also gained in past conflicts as well as going up against Hezbollah. Their air force is well stocked with the latest US technology, and the cream of the crop of the entire region.

A few facts on US aid to Israel:

"Israel has received more U.S. military assistance than any other country, both in terms of grant aid and military sales on a concessional basis. However, unlike other countries who receive military aid and are required to spend the money in the United States, Israel may spend 25% on its domestic military projects.

Since 1987, the U.S. has provided an average of $1.8 billion annually in the form of Foreign Military Sales (FMS), Foreign Military Financing (FMF) and funds to support research and development.

A bilateral memorandum of understanding was signed in January 2001, at the end of the Clinton administration, under which defense aid was increased to $2.4 billion annually from $1.8 billion, while the $1.2 billion of economic aid would be eliminated. This was predicated on the basis of the defense aid being increased by $60 million per year until the full amount was reached in 2008, while the economic aid is decreased by $120 million per year until eliminated.

In 2007, the United States increased its military aid to Israel by over 25%, to an average of $3 billion per year for the following ten year period (starting at $2.550 billion for 2008, growing by $150 million each year). The package is scheduled to start October 2008, when regular economic aid to Israel's economy is to end."

3 billion a year buys a lot of hardware. I am not suggesting abandoning them as a ally, I am suggesting some fiscal restraint in US aid to them.

I do find it ironic how the US and other western powers sacrificed the nation of South Africa on the alter of apartheid, virtually condemning that country to become the shithole it has morphed into, but give a wink and a nod to the Israelis who are doing the same thing on a scale South Africa never dreamed of approaching...

Edited by Jpanzer
  • Like 2

Dane-They may not have attacked us directly but they do one hell of a job harboring and creating terrorists and would love to stand by and watch us be torn apart. I think that alone is enough to have an issue with them.

If we weren't around I'm positive they would be mounting a full attack on Israel.

Are you talking about Iran or Saudi Arabia?

The reason that nobody's tried to do a big honking canal like the Suez is that you need too much engineering $$, and it doesn't really put the ships out of reach of hostiles. Besides, what happens if/when the UAE decides to close the Canal at the same time Iran attempts to close the Straits.

As far as Israel's FMA/FMS allowance goes, did you know that FMA/FMS is basically a subsidy to the US defense industry? Almost all those dollars have to be spent at US sources. Since the Israelis have built a lot of their own defense industries, they have used the FMA dollars on maintenance or upgrades done in the US.

Ironically, that means that Israel has helped Americans employed.

Found this. It looks like there is already another plan being formulated to make the SOH irrelevant or at least not essential to keeping oil flowing.

The entire world knows the importance of the Strait of Hormuz and Washington and its allies are very well aware that the Iranians can militarily close it for a significant period of time. This is why the U.S. has been working with the GCC countries – Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, and the U.A.E. – to re-route their oil through pipelines bypassing the Strait of Hormuz and channelling GCC oil directly to the Indian Ocean, Red Sea, or Mediterranean Sea. Washington has also been pushing Iraq to seek alternative routes in talks with Turkey, Jordan, and Saudi Arabia.

Both Israel and Turkey have also been very interested in this strategic project. Ankara has had discussions with Qatar about setting up an oil terminal that would reach Turkey via Iraq. The Turkish government has attempted to get Iraq to link its southern oil fields, like Iraq’s northern oil fields, to the transit routes running through Turkey. This is all tied to Turkey’s visions of being an energy corridor and important lynchpin of transit.

The aims of re-routing oil away from the Persian Gulf would remove an important element of strategic leverage Iran has against Washington and its allies. It would effectively reduce the importance of the Strait of Hormuz. It could very well be a prerequisite to war preparations and a war led by the United States against Tehran and its allies.

It is within this framework that the Abu Dhabi Crude Oil Pipeline or the Hashan-Fujairah Oil Pipeline is being fostered by the United Arab Emirates to bypass the maritime route in the Persian Gulf going through the Strait of Hormuz. The project design was put together in 2006, the contract was issued in 2007, and construction was started in 2008. [8] This pipeline goes straight from Abdu Dhabi to the port of Fujairah on the shore of the Gulf of Oman in the Arabian Sea.

In other words, it will give oil exports from the U.A.E. direct access to the Indian Ocean. It has openly been presented as a means to ensure energy security by bypassing Hormuz and attempting to avoid the Iranian military. Along with the construction of this pipeline, the erection of a strategic oil reservoir at Fujairah was also envisaged to also maintain the flow of oil to the international market should the Persian Gulf be closed off.

Arabpipeline.jpg

Iran bro.

What was the last Iranian terrorist to attack us? I can think of Egyptians, Saudis, Yemenis, and even Americans... But no Iranians.

Seriously... If you guys were talking about attacking Saudi Arabia I would understand it more than attacking Iran. Bin Ladin, most of the 9-11 crew, many we have had shooting at us in Iraq... all Saudis and Egyptians. So why didn't we invade them? No sanctions? No drone strikes on the leadership?

As for the boon of us paying the bills for US arms manufacturers to work on Israeli projects... Please explain how mortgaging our kids borrowing money from China to pay Americans to build things for Israelis to blow stuff up is helping us. Because if you can you're waaaaaayyyyy ahead of me.

• Like 1

Iran bro.

What was the last Iranian terrorist to attack us? I can think of Egyptians, Saudis, Yemenis, and even Americans... But no Iranians.

Seriously... If you guys were talking about attacking Saudi Arabia I would understand it more than attacking Iran. Bin Ladin, most of the 9-11 crew, many we have had shooting at us in Iraq... all Saudis and Egyptians. So why didn't we invade them? No sanctions? No drone strikes on the leadership?

As for the boon of us paying the bills for US arms manufacturers to work on Israeli projects... Please explain how mortgaging our kids borrowing money from China to pay Americans to build things for Israelis to blow stuff up is helping us. Because if you can you're waaaaaayyyyy ahead of me.

take your meds bro!

I was in Bahrain the past Mar-Apr during the so called Arab Spring. The thousands of so called Shi'Ite Protestors were not Bahrainian citizens but illegal Iranian immigrants (I am not telling who brought them there). They did the same thing in Algeria, Libya, and Syria soon after not to mention Lebanon in the 80s. They want their laws and anyone who stands in their way is an Infidel. The Bahrain Royal Family was "urged" by the US state dept to step down from their thrones and let these illegals take power. They stood their ground as it is their homeland and ran the illegals out. Nothing has hit the press of that (Hmmmm). I have no respect for the current Iranian government.

Enough said.

Heath, we are wasting our time. zionists care nothing about facts. and judized christians know nothing of the talmud. both the fake jews and deluded milk of the word christians are willing to bleed us dry economically. then destroy the entire world to please lucifer. they are the enemy of all mankind and their deluded servants , come to steal, kill and destroy. i feel ashamed even responding , casting pearls before the swine.