People like the style I think.And an actual com bloc 74 brake with the zig zag cuts have been proven to be a pretty effective brake. They are more effective then the classic slant brake and are easier to install on a saiga since no threading is necessary if you install an AK74 FSB with 24mm threads already present you can eliminate the need for the expensive specialty Die and TAT tools.

People like the style I think.And an actual com bloc 74 brake with the zig zag cuts have been proven to be a pretty effective brake. They are more effective then the classic slant brake and are easier to install on a saiga since no threading is necessary if you install an AK74 FSB with 24mm threads already present you can eliminate the need for the expensive specialty Die and TAT tools.

gotcha! this reply makes sense

Won't lie. Looks were about 80% of the reason I installed one. I just like 'em.

Lots people argue that for semi-auto they aren't much of any help to begin with.

As mentioned above, I have heard they are one of the better brakes, and I liked the whole '74 look, so it was natural to install it with all the other hardware when doing the front end conversion.