What's going on guys? I just got a new saiga rifle. Went to the range this past weekend and love it. I want to get some more mags but living in New York this task is fustrating. So many crazy rules here. 10 round mags are all i can get. I really like the look of the 30 round mags. Was wondering if the US Palm 30/10 mag will work in the saiga? My rifle is stock. Thanks in advance.

Cracker7

It will work with modifications to the rifle. You need to add a bullet guide to the trunnion and trim the magazine catch slightly. 30 rounders look cool, but if you are stuck with 10 rounders, get an SKS chest pouch and a stack of Saiga factory 10 rounders. They are really much handier. 30s are a pain in the but when using it as a house PDW. I keep a factory 10 in my restored Saiga, with a loaded 30 on the shelf next to it.

• Like 1

Well, if you are in NY, then the dealer that you bought the gun from should have done a bit better job explaing you that the reason that you cannot find the 30-rounders in any store is not due to the fact that all the stores are "out-of-stock" because Santa snagged most of them before Christmas and loving wives got the rest before New Years during the "blowout sales", but due to the fact the one of those "many crazy rules" limits you to only legally possessing 10-round magazines in the state of New York (unless you are a LEO).

I guess my question was not understood. I know that i can only get 10 round mags in NY. Without moding the rifle for the pre ban mags. But US Palm makes a 10 round mag that looks like a 30 round mag. Was just wondering if anyone knows if it would work in a stock rifle?

Cracker7

"30 rounders look cool, but if you are stuck with 10 rounders, get an SKS chest pouch and a stack of Saiga factory 10 rounders. They are really much handier"

Agreed. I have the wood sporter stock and I'm happy with it. Why add the bulk without the benefit of the additional ammo? Eventually I'll change out my FCG and then I can run some American thirty rounders, but it's not a priority right now. Got other Saiga issues at the moment.

Honestly your best bet is to do a bare bones conversion with bullet guide. 922r will be easy that way, and you can take advantage of the large amount of pre-ban comblock steel mags.

+1 on this.

Once you do your conversion, Copes sells pre ban Chinese 30 round mags and KY Impoerts sells Hugarian 20 round mags to NY residents. Also any gun show in upstate NY will have LOADS of pre ban 30 round AK mags in the $15 range.