Tromix 8" of 10'?

Looks like some sort of "breacher". I don't own an 8" SBS, but I am certain that it will require a high level of awareness and discipline to safely operate one. If you doubt your level of awareness or discipline, you may want to go with the 10". I'm building an 11 1/2" SBS and plan to use a choke for an overall barrel/muzzle device length of about 12 1/2". I don't doubt my level of awareness or discipline, but others will be shooting this one and I would lessen the opportunity for someone's hand to accidentally get in front of the muzzle. Safety is one of the reasons that many Police and Military use ~14" shotguns. Something to think about. 8" would be slick though. You know yourself and those that might shoot your weapons better than we do. Use your best judgement.

If you decide to run a vert grip on it, please do not buy a cheap one and make sure that it is "bet your life on it" solid and well attached.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

Personally I love the 8".

The 10's and 12's are more practical but the 8 has the wow factor.

(null)

The Fireball Factor too !

Yeah, the second I move out of NY I'm ditching the stupid skeleton stock and sending it out to get chopped to 8.

Godspeed. At least you will have a great appreciation for finally being able to do almost whatever you want to your weapons. I see many evl and sick toys in your future....

I love shooting my 8" Guns, and I have vert grips on them just for the reason you are thinking. Your hand is right at the muzzle! I am starting to like the 10" guns more though. It has piston retention that the 8" guns don't have, and the added barrel length does make a difference on shot pattern. They are a more usable gun in my mind. They are more work to build, but building is fun!

This is a 7.5" gun:

sbs.JPG

my SAIGA has an eight inch barrel and you do feel the heat from the muzzel flash. Sometimes it will burn the hair off of the back side of your hand, but after a while you get use to it.

Edited by Banshee
  • 2 weeks later...

8 inch big toe or 10 inch big toe?

I was wondering when I'd get a comment!

i would seriously shoot a load in my pants if i saw that 6" sbs with an ak100 folder

It actually has a stock on it, folded to the far side.