Lucky Box Of Wolf

I know the issue of acuracy + Wolf ammo + AK comes up alot so I thought I would share this latest range report with you guys.

Most of you know that I have converted and changed my Saiga around quite a bit to achive a rifle that is mostly acurate and suites all of my needs (real and percieved).

Most of you also know that I am a cheap a$$ and use nothing but crappy wolf ammo through my Saiga.

Well, the other day I was at the range shooting with the kid up the street. He was useing a scoped lever action 30-30. I had my scoped Saiga sighted in cold, and compensate as it heats up.

This kid was hitting around the bullseye pretty good at 50 and 100 yard targets, as was I. So I put up a few quarters on the backstop. Wouldent ya know it. He couldent hit the quarters!

I must have had a lucky box of Wolf® loaded because at 50 yards I hit the quarter with the first shot, and at 100 yards I hit it on the third.

Now I am in no way to be mistaken for an expert shooter (or even a good shooter) So thats why I just barely grazed the quarters! I would have fallen down dead of a heart attack if I had hit one dead center.

But I thought you guys would get a kick out of seeing the Saiga hit a quarter @ 100 yards with Wolf® ammo. (its the one that is barely touched.....lol)

post-1374-1124516626_thumb.jpg

Thanks Hoop!

It took a long time to be able to shoot any good at all with the Saiga. Now after all of this time, I think I am finally getting it!

Its still not as acurate as the more common rifles, never will be. But I know it can do its thing if it ever has to. That kids dad has a quarter with 3 holes through it (center) from his 270 @ 100 yards. :rolleyes:

Note: When looking for quarters around the backstop at the public target range, make sure there is nobody else there waiting for you to get it over with so they can shoot!

Now that the weather is cooling off and all of the fun summertime activities are winding down, I can get back to shooting every week again.

I think I will try a box of the expensive Remington stuff and see if its any more accurate.

Still Alive And Kicking!

post-1374-1124841128_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks Hoop!

It took a long time to be able to shoot any good at all with the Saiga. Now after all of this time, I think I am finally getting it!

Its still not as acurate as the more common rifles, never will be. But I know it can do its thing if it ever has to. That kids dad has a quarter with 3 holes through it (center) from his 270 @ 100 yards.  :rolleyes:

Note: When looking for quarters around the backstop at the public target range, make sure there is nobody else there waiting for you to get it over with so they can shoot!

Now that the weather is cooling off and all of the fun summertime activities are winding down, I can get back to shooting every week again.

I think I will try a box of the expensive Remington stuff and see if its any more accurate.

Still Alive And Kicking!

I tried some Remington ammo in my Saiga and the rifle prefers the Russian ammo it was made for. I paid $9.00 for a box of Remington and I can get the Russian stuff a lot cheaper and I felt it worked better. The only reason I used the Remington is because the indoor range wouldn't allow the Wolf ammo because it was magnetic.

I had the exact experiance with the Wolf vs. Remington ammo. I'm shooting a Chinese SKS with open sights and have killed a doe with a head shot at about 80 yrds.

Being of Scottish descent, I'm not a cheap-a$$, just thrifty. :lolol:

I sold my scoped Marlin .30-.30 years ago because I never could get all the rounds in the 10 ring at 100 yrds. (The Mossy slug-gun that I built will do it though) So I believe that it is a matter of balistics. I really like the 7.62X39 :killer: