Tri-Rail: DPH, Chaos, SGM

Looking for a tri-rail for my Saiga 12 to attach a flashlight (and maybe a vertical grip). Like the rail to be snug, lightweight, high quality, no heat problems, comfortable on the hands, good install.

How do DPH, Chaos, and SGM Tactical compare?

Others to compare?

DPH

2918429670104322648S600x600Q85.jpg

Chaos

10 oz.

TRI_RAIL.jpg

SGM Tactical

Polymer, not sure how this compares to aluminum. Perhaps not as strong as polymer? Not good at transferring heat away from barrel?

Like the smooth grip area.

SGMS12TRIRAIL.JPG

Edited by snakyjake
  • 4 weeks later...

I wish SGM has more rail length on the bottom. I try to use a vertical grip with Magpul thumb break technique, then it is hard to be used with a flashlight mounted on 9 o'clock. I ended up mounting the light on 3 o'clock, need to come out of the thumb break method to activate it.

• 6 months later...

They'll all work. I say buy what you like. Personally, I like the Chaos rail system. And if you buy a Chaos tri-rail lower you know you can always buy the top rail later.

But can you buy the quad rail and only use the tri-rail if you want?

Chaos looks to make some really great stuff. The constant backordering is what turns me off the most about his products. Quad rails seem to be more popular and in supply then tri-rails.

i got that sgm but its a quad rail that detaches. i was gonna bolt the quad on get a red dot sight it in and take the red dot rail off so i can use the irons and throw the red dot back on and pretty much be sighted in.

transfers heat excelent. durable so far. i havent mounted anything to it yet but it was exactly what i wanted in a quad rail that i could make a tri rail. i think i got the gen 2 though

Looking for a tri-rail for my Saiga 12 to attach a flashlight (and maybe a vertical grip). Like the rail to be snug, lightweight, high quality, no heat problems, comfortable on the hands, good install.

How do DPH, Chaos, and SGM Tactical compare?

Others to compare?

DPH

2918429670104322648S600x600Q85.jpg

Chaos

10 oz.

TRI_RAIL.jpg

SGM Tactical

Polymer, not sure how this compares to aluminum. Perhaps not as strong as polymer? Not good at transferring heat away from barrel?

Like the smooth grip area.

SGMS12TRIRAIL.JPG

I think the SGM is hideous and cheap looking. I am going with a Chaos personally. I want aluminum not polymer which is just a fancy word for plastic to me. That shit cracks, melts and breaks.