New 19 in Defense Model

Picked up a new Saiga shotgun today. Had intended to get the standard 20 or 12 Ga, But the dealer had one of the 19 inch Defense guns with the adjustable rib and made a offer I could not resist. So I cleaned it a couple of times and she is ready for the Range. I have allways owned short barrel pumps ect and just didn,t want to put allot of money into a Auto. But This is a price I could afford. I recently bought 2 Saiga short rifles and were very happy with them.

So I have a few Questions. When in the bush I will carry Slugs and 00 Buck. What ammo is good at the range to have fun with? Any Brands that work well or not? Field loads ok? Does the protecter on the end of the barrel unscrew? I can't get it off by hand and don't want to mar the finish. I use Breakfree on all my guns and see no reason to go elsewhere. Any advice at all about the gun?

Hope I can get a side folding stock for it after Sept. They are nice when you have to lug them around. Thanks for any input guys. I will let you know how it does at the range.

I think the 19" is a great weapon. Typical AK operation, reliability and all around fun to shoot. Mine shoots whatever I put in it, both slug and shot. The end does screw off, it's the choke tube, RH thread on the 12ga. Mine came with the cylinder choke, marked C(0.0) on the outside. Others are available through the EAA website, kind of pricey. Breakfree CLP should be fine, works on mine. I leave my gas setting on the 1, seems to work without any problems. Enjoy.