New Models from Legion USA - 030 and 040 type

I agree also you don't see many well done conversions even from well known builders?

I found this on GB http://www.gunbroker...?Item=267541233and is almost 3 times higher and still has left over holes, manly bolt on parts including the reciever block.

Don't most highend builders weld on a reciever plate?.... but it's got plenty of polishing and (honing)? Just not a thousand dollars worth.

Thats an LSA build. Mike does surpurb work. He fine tunes the crap out of all his builds which is why I think they are so pricy. I could never afford one or his work though. And dont forget to tally the cost of all the parts on there and work. That handguard doesnt look badass for no reason. And the linkage holes might be rivited, which is what i would have done if welding wasnt an option. And im sure he'd weld a receiver plate if you asked. they just dont come standard on S12s

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dear Saiga fans, the team of Legion USA is very excited to inform you that after months of hard and dedicated work we are launching the sales of the much awaited models of Saiga 12. These include the

How long has it been since the first people ordered? 2010 IIRC. Sucks. Looks like everyone grossly overpaid for them as well. You guys didn't have another option back then and I can understand why you

Installing factory aftermarket parts on a gun is not the same as buying an OEM gun. Furthermore, a 1 OF 200 gun will be worth WAY more than a 1 of 50,000 gun with aftermaket parts installed. IJS.

Posted Images

I wonder if anyone buys those LAS S-12 or if he just places auctions for outrageously priced guns for the cheap advertising. Because there is NO WAY any of those S-12s are worth the asking price.

Post Apocalyptic has one and its beautiful. I admire his work but cant afford his prices.

I wonder if anyone buys those LAS S-12 or if he just places auctions for outrageously priced guns for the cheap advertising. Because there is NO WAY any of those S-12s are worth the asking price.

Thank you. I'm glad someone see's what I see

Badass handguard? stock furniture with rail and holes?

Bolt on parts, way over priced!

Thank you. I'm glad someone see's what I see

Badass handguard? stock furniture with rail and holes?

Bolt on parts, way over priced!

I agree. Its down right shocking if not insulting

• Like 1

About the issue with the unconverted model vs. the converted model, while I would get unconverted and convert it myself, I see why legion offers a converted model. Not everyone is confident with modifying their guns or wants to take the time to do so.

I agree, but they should be confident with knowing their guns IMO as it helps to get the most out of the gun overall, and thats a good thing. But I understand your point and its a valid one.

The converted model gives them a option. although I don't like the tapco stock, I'm not going to bash them for it because they font have to go to the expense of offering a converted model at all.

not sure if you were implying that I was bashing tapco or legion or both but that is not the case. Again, just stating my preferences.

And I don't see the big deal about the hole plugs,

its a preference thing. too many bumps on my Saiga makes it look like it has acne. and thats the wrong kind of sick look im going for.

do you really expect the importer to go to the length of welding, grinding, and refinishing?

No, we were mearly just discussing what we like, or speculating if you like.

I wasn't trying to imply anything, it just sounded to me like people were almost upset by the tapco stock, if I read it wrong I apologize. I agree the plugs don't look great, but again I was thinking people were upset by them. I just think legion has done somthing huge for this community, and if they took the cheap way to convert, it shouldn't be held against them. Theres people who will buy those converted models and be happy that they bought a badass shotgun that they wouldn't have bought otherwise because they dont want to convert, they want to buy it and never mess with it again.

• Like 1

As far as the LSA builds go, what the buyer is really paying for isn't the furniture. They are buying reliability... a weapon that will fire nearly any ammo out there. Mike inspired me in my early days with the "make it run off of whatever" mentality. You could even say he was what inspired me to do the reliability videos as well. Not sure how much time he has in his reliability mods, but it takes me 20+ hours to go convert and rework a S12 from front to back. Add another 10+ hours if there is an AK100 folder and chop/rethread. I can see why his builds seem pricey, but it isn't like he does what he does in just a couple of hours,

However, I'm more of a purist and don't really care for some of the furniture on those builds, but a lot of people like that stuff, so I see why he sets them up like that.

• Like 1

My question is, can the 030 and 040 models cycle federal bulk and other birdshot?

Yes they will.

I think I remember Sergi saying that you need at least 32 dram loads. I'm not up on my dram to ounces conversions but I'm guessing the Federal Valuepacks are less than that (again, just a guess). I can just see all the, "OMG my 030/040 is a POS because it won't cycle like my 109!" threads. Not having an adjustable gas system won't help this matter either.

My question is, can the 030 and 040 models cycle federal bulk and other birdshot?

Yes they will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_ruQfS_5LI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I think I remember Sergi saying that you need at least 32 dram loads. I'm not up on my dram to ounces conversions but I'm guessing the Federal Valuepacks are less than that (again, just a guess). I can just see all the, "OMG my 030/040 is a POS because it won't cycle like my 109!" threads. Not having an adjustable gas system won't help this matter either.

I agree, but if there's anyone that can figure them out, it's us!

Cool man, thank you for clarifying. That makes sence.

And yeah, I'm sure they'll be plenty of those threads. For the 030 anyway. I think the 40 models have the regulator still.

And yeah, I'm sure they'll be plenty of those threads. For the 030 anyway. I think the 40 models have the regulator still.

32 drams is 2 ounces. So no bulk birdshot right out of the box if thats true. Hopefully theres some mods that can be done.

32 drams is 2 ounces. So no bulk birdshot right out of the box if thats true. Hopefully theres some mods that can be done.

Sorry, my bad. I found the other thread. He said 28 dram (not 32). So what's that, 1 3/4 ounces?

There is no regulator but there is still a puck proabaly like the vepr.

How do you adjust for different types of shells?

Vepr-12 works from the box with 32 -44 g shell, and with some adjustments eats 28 g shell without problem;)

• Like 2