tapco magazine

TAPCOs are better than Promag or the Bulgarian bullet pattern mags. None have steel lined feed lips or steel lugs like Bulgarian Circle 10 or early Polish military slab side. I had a few for range mags and they worked great. I usually stick to Com-Block steel or Russian bakelite, though. They are tough as the weapon itself. If you need the 3 US parts for your 922R, though, I prefer them to the SGM 30s. They are as expensive as Circle 10s, but lack any steel reenforcing.

Edited by imarangemaster

I at one time owned 4. I just used them for range and parts count, but ended up not needing the parts count. Two of them had feed issues and you had to bump the mad to unstick the spring/follower i guess. They seem to be hit or miss. In the end they didnt seem to be bad mags for range use and parts counts, but I really wouldnt rely on them for much else. I too just decided to stick to the mil surp mags, they take a beating and keep on tickin. The more expensive us made mags are better, but much more expensive than mil surps.

TAPCOs are better than Promag or the Bulgarian bullet pattern mags. None have steel lined feed lips or steel lugs like Bulgarian Circle 10 or early Polish military slab side.

A couple of the Bulgarian bullet mags I've owned have had steel lined feed lips. There's no steel in the lugs or spines like the Circle-10s, of course, but the lips were definitely magnetic.

The Tapcos I've owned have also been very reliable. They feed smoothly and fit snugly. I can't speak to their durability since I don't typically use them for anything but standing around at the range.

Ooh, and I should mention that the Tapco magazines don't really fit many magazine pouches or in my magazine storage bin due to their chunky build. The thick profile is probably intended to increase strength, but it does make them a bit of a pain to store.

Edited by DrThunder88

I haven't had any problems with mine. You get parts count, lightweight, and I think you'll find them to feel surprisingly solid.

I only have one tapco 30rd er, and im happy with it. Its never given me any problem at all. Feeds nice and smooth and is durable enough for range time. Its the one I keep in my rifle, so in the aweful case I would have to clear all 30 rounds in it, toss it, then I have my euro steel ones for back up.