i want to put in a new FCG. if this is all i want to do now, can the replacement be dropped with out modifying anything like trigger guard and having to put pistol grip on it? This will for now be my hog hunting rifle. no need for high cap mags for now, just wanted to make a better shooter by replacing this FCG, mine just sucks!. I was going to fill the butstock w/ some expanding foam to just give it a little more of a solid feel and go out and take some hog. if later on the rifle gets reassigned to 3rd world garbage / zombie targets, she will wear new furniture, yes indeed!

thanks

This was my second year deer hunting with an AK

There is nothing like it for a light maneuverable AK for woods hunting,

do yourself a big favor and do at least a basic conversion with a Tapco G2.

We can't use a magazine over 10 for hunting, so the hi-cap mag is a non-issue

The factory sear and disconector has no external trigger. You could always try polishing your hammer face and hook...At your own risk. But you'll have to do it without removing from the reciever. I've done it on stock guns and it does help, but it's a pain in the ass...you get fillings and sanding dust/rouge all over inside your gun and it's a bitch to get it all out. It's much better to simply convert...basic conversion is fairly easy and realatively inexpensive.