I needed a new gun case for the new S-12 project because I don't want the finish to get scratched. As most of you know, I like to research before I buy, and I'm kind of a cheap-ass. It seems to me that the expensive gun cases just scream, "THIS IS A GUN!!! AAAAAAAAH AHHHHHHHHHH, AAAAAAAAAAAAH!" (I've been watching a bunch of Sam Kinison...) and I'd kinda like to "grey man" it from time to time. So I straight up STOLE an idea from Pauly....

I decided to buy me a guitar case. I didn't want to go with an acoustic case, that's too, Antonio Banderas. I didn't want to go the same way Pauly did either, I mean, I gotta give props to the original but I'm a different type of guy, with a different personality. I saw the coffin-shaped guitar cases and they just seem too.... poser (no offense to anyone who has one, I can't rock it because my complexion isn't pale enough). So I was stuck.

Until I saw this:

IMG_0039.jpg

I liked the look of the black and red, and the skulls are just badass!

IMG_0040.jpg

There's a close-up of the skulls.

And I think I'm going to try to re-use some of the interior pieces as well...

IMG_0041.jpg

What do y'all think? I'll update more as I progress through this project, just thought that I'd share so far.

Edited by Caged
  • Like 5

I needed a new gun case for the new S-12 project because I don't want the finish to get scratched. As most of you know, I like to research before I buy, and I'm kind of a cheap-ass. It seems to me that the expensive gun cases just scream, "THIS IS A GUN!!! AAAAAAAAH AHHHHHHHHHH, AAAAAAAAAAAAH!" (I've been watching a bunch of Sam Kinison...) and I'd kinda like to "grey man" it from time to time. So I straight up STOLE an idea from Evl....

I decided to buy me a guitar case. I didn't want to go with an acoustic case, that's too, Antonio Banderas. I didn't want to go the same way Evl did either, I mean, I gotta give props to the original but I'm a different type of guy, with a different personality. I saw the coffin-shaped guitar cases and they just seem too.... poser (no offense to anyone who has one, I can't rock it because my complexion isn't pale enough). So I was stuck.

Until I saw this:

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

What do y'all think? I'll update more as I progress through this project, just thought that I'd share so far.

I like it. But just so you know....... a black guitar case with skulls all over might not "scream gun", but to many it's going to say....."I'm not hiding a gun in here, no really, I swear". rolleyes.gif

I needed a new gun case for the new S-12 project because I don't want the finish to get scratched. As most of you know, I like to research before I buy, and I'm kind of a cheap-ass. It seems to me that the expensive gun cases just scream, "THIS IS A GUN!!! AAAAAAAAH AHHHHHHHHHH, AAAAAAAAAAAAH!" (I've been watching a bunch of Sam Kinison...) and I'd kinda like to "grey man" it from time to time. So I straight up STOLE an idea from Evl....

I decided to buy me a guitar case. I didn't want to go with an acoustic case, that's too, Antonio Banderas. I didn't want to go the same way Evl did either, I mean, I gotta give props to the original but I'm a different type of guy, with a different personality. I saw the coffin-shaped guitar cases and they just seem too.... poser (no offense to anyone who has one, I can't rock it because my complexion isn't pale enough). So I was stuck.

Until I saw this:

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

I like it. But just so you know....... a black guitar case with skulls all over might not "scream gun", but to many it's going to say....."I'm not hiding a gun in here, no really, I swear". rolleyes.gif

A majority of folks that one would come across in public-type scenarios are going to think it's a guitar case, especially if you have a look on your face like you're high...blunt.gif

Edited by Caged

That was Pauly's good idea that you stole. Looks great, but a little too big for my tastes. I like things compact.

This is my "I don't care if they know it's a gun or not" case.... maybe they will leave me alone wink.png

I'm a REAL cheap ass.... someone was going to throw this out because they didn't have anything that would fit in it anymore.

I've had it for years and knew I would find a use for it sooner or later.

post-22401-0-29682700-1326423933_thumb.jpg

post-22401-0-50061300-1326423961_thumb.jpg

I keep my S-308 in the violin case, and have an acoustic guitar case, shaped like a guitar, to hold Rifles, S-12, and such, it also can hold 5 pistols in addition to the long gun.

Sorry, no pic of the big case.

post-16191-0-62126300-1326568410_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

I should have remembered that, if you had a case that held your weapon and all of it's mags, it would need a forklift to be moved!

I've been thinning the herd lately. Just getting bored and wanting to try new things with the platform. My motto lately is "keep 'em moving", lol!

evl, that s12 in a fitted violin case would be the cats ass

I might go to the Flea Market or some Salvarion Army stores and see if there is anything interesting that might work. I remember seeing things like that in the past.

I got the violin case free from a buddy who's daughter did not need it anymore, The Guitar case I got is really nice, and purchased from a business that repairs musical instruments. It was used and cost me $80, but was totally worth it!!

If you have kids, or friends with kids, the school music program can also yeild good results, as kids can quit playng often, or just get new cases.

I am suprised how hard I need to search to find good used cases!

edit: I also have a rectangular case from some sort of horn instrument that fits my AWESOME Hi-piont 9mm carbine, found at second hand store!

Edited by RobRez

I got the violin case free from a buddy who's daughter did not need it anymore, The Guitar case I got is really nice, and purchased from a business that repairs musical instruments. It was used and cost me $80, but was totally worth it!!

If you have kids, or friends with kids, the school music program can also yeild good results, as kids can quit playng often, or just get new cases.

I am suprised how hard I need to search to find good used cases!

edit: I also have a rectangular case from some sort of horn instrument that fits my AWESOME Hi-piont 9mm carbine, found at second hand store!

Great ideas.

Paid $20 for this soft case and made removable inserts depending which Gun I am taking to the Range, or I can just buy another case and shove the insert into it.

Modular/convertible.... love it.

You know, you made a good point. I started doing some searching and came up with the idea of using an electronic keyboard case. I found one on the cheap that will fit both my AR and my saiga, as well as the mags for both. Its interior dimensions are (LxWxH): 58" x 21" x 6.5"

1.jpg

There are lots of nice cases out there that don't look like gun cases. Poke around skbcases.com They also do have some nice gun cases too.

Hard cases a very nice, but it depends on what you want on for. Personaly, I'd think that if I was a junkie thief anything that someone felt was important enough to put in a hard case was probably worth stealing. A cheap looking gymbag seems less of a target if you have to leave in somewhere.

I want to be able to throw my case across my back if I have to and jump on a Bus a Train,a Horse, if my Car breaks and I have to get the hell out of Dodge. I use Tennis Racquet Cases for my NFA weapons. I dont want the extra bulk and weight.

So wait, some of y'all just knowingly leave your firearms out for other people to possibly steal? I just wanted a "guitar case" so that if I happened to be leaving a hotel room or other public venue people don't automatically know for a fact that I'm carrying a gun... Plus, the whole theme really fits my S-12.FIREdevil.gif

• Like 1

So wait, some of y'all just knowingly leave your firearms out for other people to possibly steal? I just wanted a "guitar case" so that if I happened to be leaving a hotel room or other public venue people don't automatically know for a fact that I'm carrying a gun... Plus, the whole theme really fits my S-12.FIREdevil.gif

Post # 1111....