Before we all cry out in outrage about what has been done to these bastards, lets look at their actions.

Just google: TALIBAN ATROCITIES or AL QAEDA ATROCITIES. (9/11/2001)

Pissing on them was nearly a compliment to this type of shit as it would be to a lot of our people in government. It’s not like they were going to play nice until this video came out they’re still assholes and would attack at any and every opportunity.

Lets not forget these are the same type of animals who take great pride in beheading bound prisoners (some videoed) and throwing acid on school girls.

post-26137-0-14799500-1326468217.jpg

Edited by 20-Mags
  • Like 3

politicitians and the media play up a few incidents of idioucy by our service members.

Lets rewind and look at black water bridge, Mogidisu, or other incident where bodies where drug through the streets, mangled and then hung on display, etc... Even on our worst days we a still far better then then people we're fighting

It was a dumb move on those guys part, slap them on the wrist and give them crap burning duty for a couple weeks

Many factors that a civilian cannot relate to, But if we do not act any better or be more respectful than the enemy, and we resort to low-life behavior, we reduce ourselves to their level. Being an American soldier should mean being held to a higher standard and being the best and most respected armed force in the world.

But then we force them to do 3 tours!!

We shouldn't be saying "yeah, but look what THEY did!" We should have SOME moral standards that we stick to.

So when is DEAD not enough? Do we drag them around the streets next? Really?

Deserve has nothing to do with it.

edit: you can start throwing tomatoes at me now!

Edited by RobRez
  • Like 4

Typically I believe in honoring my enemy as another soldier. But Taliban are NOT soldiers,they are pathetic and deserve no preferential treatment from me. The atrocities they have committed far outweigh anything we have EVER done.

I agree with you, I just don't think it makes it OK for us to behave poorly.

Many factors that a civilian cannot relate to, But if we do not act any better or be more respectful than the enemy, and we resort to low-life behavior, we reduce ourselves to their level. Being an American soldier should mean being held to a higher standard and being the best and most respected armed force in the world.

We shouldn't be saying "yeah, but look what THEY did!" We should have SOME moral standards that we stick to.

Lol, sorry no tomatoes today. I think something like this is an opinion, and as with everything I say "to each his own."

I think it's hard to say what I'd do after being in their shoes, if someone tried to kill me, being innocent, I might be mad too. Either way I'm not judging them.

SPLAT!!!!

Our military can't initiate a firefight, if these men were killed it was because they fired at those soldiers first.

That's complete bullshit! They can initiate a firefight. Edit: It's called an ambush.

Edited by MT Predator
  • Like 1

+1

And also I heard these guys are/ were sinpers, it sucks casue I'm sure they will be taken out of the fight.

Sources say one of them is back over there in the fight.

Maybe they should have videotaped themselves dumping bacon grease on the filthy fuckers instead?

• Like 1

“As for everyone else, unless you have been shot at by the Taliban, shut your mouth, war is hell.”

http://www.postonpol...th-war-is-hell/

Maybe, maybe not. I'm a civilian but have several relatives in the military, one of which is my son who just got out of the Marines. So I will do my best to relate.

Overall (just from what I've heard from members of the military) the enemy is given far more respect than they deserve the vast majority of the time. I'm sure you're aware that they use isolated incidents such as this as propaganda tools against a country choking to death on political correctness. Strange that no matter how horrendous the atrocities they commit, they can easily get the entire world (especially the US) worked up over a little American urine.

The American military has very high standards of conduct and from what I've heard, almost always meet them. What happened was wrong but still doesn't quite rank up there with what pretty much all our enemies have done to us from day one. Funny how a little piss is equivocal to beheadings, sneak attacks, or death marches.

As for me personally, I'd rather be pissed on than dead, and if I was dead I wouldn't give a damn who pissed on me. That's just me though, I don't have an agenda.

• Like 2

Rob Rez no tomatoes need be thrown, your opening said it all

Many factors that a civilian cannot relate to

Lets all just hope that the 75K who just got back last month won't be recalled to the other side of the gulf............

they will go back when we go to war for iseral in iran

• Like 1

Typically I believe in honoring my enemy as another soldier. But Taliban are NOT soldiers,they are pathetic and deserve no preferential treatment from me. The atrocities they have committed far outweigh anything we have EVER done.

+1

Going toe to toe with a uniformed adversary is one thing but when they have to resort to insurgent tactics and remove the uniform, it's a whole new ball game. These bastards intimidate the population over there and hide behind them when given the chance. Sure there are some locals who support and cover their asses but the good things our troops are doing over there rebuilding the infrastructure outweigh anything that Tommy Taliban can provide. These guys are strapping IEDs on kids to send to up to the Entry Control Point to sell french fries to the troops. They are spineless individuals and pissing on them and hurting someone's feelings should be the least of our worries.

• Like 1

sorry to rain on the hate fest, but we have no good reason to even be in their country. the "graveyard of empires". alexander the great failed there. the british empire got thier lunch eaten. the soviets used extreme brutality for ten years and failed. we have been there over ten years now. blowing away wedding parties with drone missles, using death squads, contaminating everthing with depleted uranium rounds, locking people in shipping containers out in the sun. i can hear the british during our revolution making the same rediculous complaints. they hide behind trees and rocks. they blend in with the populace. many don't even wear uniforms. therefore one mans terrorist is anothers freedom fighter. so go ahead and vent, call them vile names, hiss and spit. they are not going to just submit. naturally they will use unconventional tactics. just as we would in the same circumstances.

as far as pissing on the dead. i see it as not being in control of ones emotions. unprofessional, borderline childish.but not criminal.

• Like 2

sorry to rain on the hate fest, but we have no good reason to even be in their country. the "graveyard of empires". alexander the great failed there. the british empire got thier lunch eaten. the soviets used extreme brutality for ten years and failed. we have been there over ten years now. blowing away wedding parties with drone missles, using death squads, contaminating everthing with depleted uranium rounds, locking people in shipping containers out in the sun. i can hear the british during our revolution making the same rediculous complaints. they hide behind trees and rocks. they blend in with the populace. many don't even wear uniforms. therefore one mans terrorist is anothers freedom fighter. so go ahead and vent, call them vile names, hiss and spit. they are not going to just submit. naturally they will use unconventional tactics. just as we would in the same circumstances.

as far as pissing on the dead. i see it as not being in control of ones emotions. unprofessional, borderline childish.but not criminal.

Right or wrong, reality says otherwise about US involvement in the Middle East which is what led to involvement in Afghanistan. The world economic engine runs on petroleum. A basically defunct religion was regenerated by the huge influx of petrodollars. Instead of trying to increase their standard of living they used the massive profits to wage war on Western civilization. The leaders of the 9/11 attack and several earlier ones were based in Afghanistan, effectively ruling the country. That led to US involvement there, admittedly without an exit strategy. I do agree the war there is basically unwinable but no one asked my opinion before going in and I doubt they want it now.

I don't have a problem with the enemy hiding behind rocks and using unconventional tactics, nor do I suspect that many others do. That would only be common sense on their part. I do however seriously doubt American revolutionary fighters employed the extremely brutal tactics (especially on their own people) our current opponents do on a daily basis as standard operating procedure. I could be wrong since I haven't researched it but would be surprised if that turned out to be the case.

I'm in complete agreement with your last sentence but fear our "leaders" will indeed make it into a criminal prosecution of those involved.

You can say that these Taliban deserved this but that's not the reason it was done. It was done for pure perverse self gratification by these knuckleheads. Just like Abu Ghraib, this kind of shit does nothing but endanger our own soldiers. Like it or not, bullets alone are not going to defeat the Taliban, Al Queda, or terrorism itself. We MUST win the hearts and minds of the people on who's soil the terrorists thrive. Without that we might as well pack it up right now, we've lost. To say that they did this to our guys, so we get to do that to them is childish, it brings us down to their level, and it lets them define the terms under which we are going to fight this war. We ARE better than that, and if we don't act like it we might as well be pissing in the wind.

• Like 1

The topic here is about looking at what brutal crimes they have done not how or why we are there now pissing on their dead bodies. These people are not of the same type as we had here in 1776 they're just murderous scum. They kill their own people by the 1,000s in the name of God, they don't want freedom for all they want people to believe as they do only and follow them without question.

Edited by going12220
  • Like 1