I was just curious if anyone has any hands on experience with Vulcan Arms AR's? Specifically their Carbon/Aramid lowers? Theyre $35, so Im kind of curious. I guess for $35 I might just try it out and see what happens.

I would link their website but I dont think thats allowed. Someone correct me if Im wrong.

If I am not mistaken vulcan = Hess = Blackthorne. They have a very spotty record for quality and their name changes reflect an effort to escape their own reputation. I have seen at least one picture of a Hess lower that snapped in half. I personally would not buy anything from Vulcan et al. Wait for Palmetto state armory to put their forged lowers on sale and pick one up for $49. If I really wanted a plastic lower I would look to another company.

viihdw.jpg

VULCAN is HESSE, they changed their name years ago. BLACKTHORN is their shill "comany" they peddle their junk guns and parts through.

RUN AWAY!!!! , and then run some more, do not under any circumstances even consider buying anything with the VULCAN name on it, it is GARBAGE.

Edited by Matthew Hopkins

Abort. Abort. Abort.

As has already been said, Vulcan is just another shill branch of Hesse/Blackthorne/Velocity, etc, etc, etc. These assholes have gone by so many different names it's not even funny. The fact that they need to keep changing their name says a lot in itself. I remember a thread on Arfcom where the internet detectives came out and posted all the info linking all of the companies.

Keep an eye on Palmetto State Armory. They're stripped lowers are $79 normally, but often go on sale for $49 and they are a great company to deal with. Google them.

• 4 weeks later...

If you want a good deal on composit buy a Plumcrazy C15 lower. Cheap but good aluminum Surplus Ammo & Arms (made by Aero Percision) for around $60. I've built several on the SAA and all went together very well and they look nice. Here is a pic of a SAA I built on.

post-39206-0-56193400-1328733204_thumb.jpg

post-39206-0-45845700-1328733243_thumb.jpg

Edited by lackgunCO

It has been years so I can't speak of what they are like now, no matter what they call themelves, but if you are thinking of buying anything with Vulcan/Hesse anywhere on it or associated with them at all be sure to look over every inch and part before money changes hands.

Hesse/Vulcan/Blackthorne/whatever the fuck they're calling themselves have a record of guns that blow up. Yes...EXPLODE.

At Reade Range in PA a Hesse 50BMG blew the bolt out the back of the receiver at the shooter.

A little research will reveal a whole treasure trove of horror stories.

I've seen 50 cals they made that had the barrelled action HOT GLUED into the stock.

I found this Vulcan Arms rifle visually interesting:

The following is highly relevant: Today I sent an inquiry message via the "contact" page within the Vulcan Armaments website, asking whether they produced and sold the below pictured rifle with a folding H&K B&T type stock? Later in the day I received a reply email from someone named Paul, and he said that their new rifles of this model are all made and sold with that folding stock. But the noteworthy part is that this Paul's email address was "sales@BlackthorneProducts.com".

How about that crap???

post-4853-0-48692400-1329447133.jpg.

Edited by Gary
  • 2 weeks later...

Vulcan? Ahh shit, run mo-fo run. You see anything Blackthorne/Hesse/Vulcan you avoid it like the plague, consider it quarratined. lol

The interbutts is filled to the brim of why not to buy those products.

I've yet to try a PCF lower (Plum Crazy) but I hear good things, Bushy has a polymer lower, but good luck finding a stripped one. Built a gas piston 7.62x39 AR (You read that right, runs real good too.) on a CMMG forged lower. Got a Double Star AR with obviously a Double Star forged lower.

I'm also looking to play with a Spikes lower eventually. Basically I really like the metal lowers but am not opposed to the polymer lowers.

SAA lowers look good too, good price. Plus they have the pictogram markings if that's your thing. Spikes does that too and also has some novelty markings for those that are into the whole Zombie thing for fun. They also have the selector markings in english as well just like most other AR companies that sell lowers with their brand name on them too.

You really get what you pay for. Be careful out there. Run away from that company. That much negative feedback always comes from somewhere and it's too much to come from a single source.