Whose still reloads and what's your setup?

I've messed around with a bunch of setups over the past few years and realize now how much equipment varies depending on your goals. Looking back I would've spent my money a little differently but I suppose that goes for anything. I've stopped reloading as many calibers which has helped with the ridiculous amount of dies and different kinds of brass.

Whats your "setup" and why?

Edited by YARP

Reload a lot of 12ga now, the S12 likes to eat it up fast, puts a smile on my face.

I have a MEC station my OL picked up at a yard sale for 10 bucks.

It sat in my shop for years, I pulled it out and cleaned it up to use after I got my S12.

I reload "00" and slug, cost is much better than buying shells.

Have not reloaded any brass "yet" the start up price has not out weighed the cost of ammo yet.

I reload 12 gauge. I have a horniday 366 progesive. this thing is awesome. if you want any kind of volume you need a progesive. I can do a couple hunderd in an hour. also a little hotter than factory bulk ammo. I dont save a lot on birdshot loads but as soon as I step up to slugs or buck I save a lot

I just got a set up that had been sitting for 20 years I cleaned it all up and it works great. Rcbs jr3 single stage various dies and a honaday trimmer 5-0-5 scale and honaday powder mesure. All works for me. Oh yea and 20 year old powder that works fine. No chrony so I don't know how fast or anything but it fires.

The RCBS Rockchucker, because it is basic and dependable, Dillon 650, for when volume and time is of the essence, and the Corbin Mega Mite, to load whatever is too large for the rest. Also, the Corbin to swage my own projectiles, should the need arise.

5 presses on one bench.

45 acp and 9mm on a dillon sdb

10MM, 45 Colt and 44mag on #1 lee pro 1000

357, 38spl, sometimes 38/40 on #2 lee pro 1000

222, 223 on a lee 4 hole turret press

48/70, 38/55, 32 Win Spl 38/40 on a lee challenge single stage

I also do factory crimp for various calibers on the single stage as well as sometimes priming.

I like the dillon for precise reloads and a smooth feel. But the lee stuff is like the AK of reloading. I is a little looser and rattles a bit. But it is designed that way and is cheap. Once you get the hang of it and have it set up, it always works. I have all calibers set up on quick change turrets and plates.

I was going to do 10MM on the dillon but gave the pro 1000 a shot and I like it better. I use a higher volume powder and the lee handles it better. I crimp separately on the single stage.

For 223 for my saiga and standard AR, I do "down and dirty" full length size, prime, charge, seat, crimp. I use the same load data as my precision bolt gun and dmr AR. But I use mixed range brass without all the prep.

I wouldn't suggest anyone follow my lead. But it works great for me... :)

I went from a single stage to a progressive and am slowly moving back to a larger single stage setup. I'm even thinking of making a different bench just for brass prep. With 300 Blackout ruling most of my reloading time I've been spending a ton of time just making brass and have decided not to go the route of a super automated setup like a 1050 or 650 with add ons.

I used to reload a ridiculous amount of calibers but have massively reduced my gun collection to a reasonable and realistic level. Since then I've been primarily reloading 10mm, 300 blackout and 308. I purchase 9mm and 7.62x39 since prices have dipped down to a reasonable level.

I may from time to time reload some 450 Bushmaster and a few other wildcats that I'm waiting to purchase barrels for but I won't be doing any volume.

Who has a setup for .50BMG? what is it?

I'd love to own a .50 someday so I'm in no rush to purchase, just want to get info.

Hello

Dillon 650 w/ valley bitch accessories and a couple of MEC's for shotshells. Haven't broke down and loaded any shotshells lately, but if I ever need to.......

-guido in Houston

"God Loves Liberty"

Here's my poor mans automatic trimmer. I'm going to do a thread on making .300 blackout brass this week then as I build my rifle the next two some odd months I'll do a build thread on that's as well. But here it is the getto auto trimmer.

photo-5.jpg

• 1 month later...

Two Dillon 550 B's setup for large primer and the other small primer. I loud 45acp and 44 spl on one press and 38spl on the other. Rifle work is done on a Lyman T Mag with Redding Dies. My bench is a 6' counter top set on top of two cabinets about 36" I think?

I use a dillon 650. I reload 9mm,40 s&w,45 GAP,45ACP,10mm,45LC, and 50AE. I love this press, customer service is superb, 100% lifetime no BS warranty. depending on what caliber I'm reloading, I can pump out 500+ an hour. I have just about every upgrade available for the 650. Progressive is the best way to go if you shoot a lot. If you don't you can definitely save bunch of money by using a single stage press. I like the reloading part just as much as shooting, well almost :)

Bob