Hammer doesn't stay down when charged

Howdy guys,

Just finished my 7.62 conversion and I seem to have run into a problem with the hammer.

I got it all finished up and wanted to do as much trouble shooting on it tonight before i took it to the range tomorrow. When I pull the bolt back it gets hung on something (presumably the hammer) and doesn't go forward. Now I know your supposed to pull it back and let her rip, but when i do that, the hammer the doesn't stay down. As soon as the bolt clears it, it shoots up as if the trigger was pulled.

If I manually push the hammer down, it does catch and stay down until the trigger is pulled, so I know its not an issue with the catch on the trigger. it just seems the bolt isn't pushing it down far enough when charged.

Any ideas or suggestions on this would be great? After spending about 6 hours tonight doing the conversion, I'd love to get my gun to the point where it isn't firing a round every time the bolt is pulled back.

Thanks for any help.