Moving to California on Military orders, oh no!

Actually, the 10-round limit is not as bad as the mag locks. Pain in my balls. Luckily both of those are currently being challenged in the courts. In the mean time, have fun in 10-round increments. We need more people here to stick around and be annoyed by it rather than moving away. Otherwise the legislature gets what it wants. And fuck those guys.

• Like 1

Sorry the military exemption is not something your likely to obtain. IIRC, there is a provision in the PC for military personnel but it requires that the installation commander sign a form saying you need said weapon for duty. Good luck getting that.

What you need to do is join Calguns and start reading the FAQs and asking questions. For the most part, you can bring certain scary guns here provided they are configured in a specific way. CA is all about configuration.

For example, any semi automatic shotgun that accepts a detachable magazine is an AW and is illegal to possess in CA. Some shotguns have been banned specifically by name. Luckily the Saiga is not on the banned list. To get around the detachable magazine issue, CA gun owners use mag locks to remove the "detachable" feature. But, the PC also says that any semi automatic shot gun with a folding or telescoping stock and pistol grip is verboten as well... so if you have a folder you have to fix it if you want a pistol grip. Here is the flowchart: http://www.calguns.n...sgflowchart.pdf

...yes... the laws here are so fucked up... you need a flowchart to explain them... just like the founding fathers intended.

There is much to learn about CA and start doing your digging now. There is also a lot of FUD floating around on the interent. Calguns will be your best friend during your detention in the PRC.

www.calguns.net

I was on staff at COMNAVAIRPAC on Coronado and the above information is the BEST Advice you could get. You will NOT get any special treatment from the State of CA or the Navy... Do your homework first and the best thing you could do is let your family hold your Saiga and guns for you.

Best of Luck,

Steve

Thanks, and I will be leaving it with my family... I will also be trying not to get caught without a valid inspection on my truck for at least the last year, because I will not drive it all the way to PA for a sticker... maybe i'll have somebody send me an inspection sticker 018.gif

It's going to be a fun tour either way, granted I wont have the Saiga as a fun toy... but there will be plenty others out there 034.gif

Sorry the military exemption is not something your likely to obtain. IIRC, there is a provision in the PC for military personnel but it requires that the installation commander sign a form saying you need said weapon for duty. Good luck getting that.

What you need to do is join Calguns and start reading the FAQs and asking questions. For the most part, you can bring certain scary guns here provided they are configured in a specific way. CA is all about configuration.

For example, any semi automatic shotgun that accepts a detachable magazine is an AW and is illegal to possess in CA. Some shotguns have been banned specifically by name. Luckily the Saiga is not on the banned list. To get around the detachable magazine issue, CA gun owners use mag locks to remove the "detachable" feature. But, the PC also says that any semi automatic shot gun with a folding or telescoping stock and pistol grip is verboten as well... so if you have a folder you have to fix it if you want a pistol grip. Here is the flowchart: http://www.calguns.n...sgflowchart.pdf

...yes... the laws here are so fucked up... you need a flowchart to explain them... just like the founding fathers intended.

There is much to learn about CA and start doing your digging now. There is also a lot of FUD floating around on the interent. Calguns will be your best friend during your detention in the PRC.

www.calguns.net

I was on staff at COMNAVAIRPAC on Coronado and the above information is the BEST Advice you could get. You will NOT get any special treatment from the State of CA or the Navy... Do your homework first and the best thing you could do is let your family hold your Saiga and guns for you.

Best of Luck,

Steve

Thanks, and I will be leaving it with my family... I will also be trying not to get caught without a valid inspection on my truck for at least the last year, because I will not drive it all the way to PA for a sticker... maybe i'll have somebody send me an inspection sticker 018.gif

It's going to be a fun tour either way, granted I wont have the Saiga as a fun toy... but there will be plenty others out there 034.gif

I just saw your PA inspection sticker comment. I was raised in upstate NY and something you might want to check on is:

As long as you are on active duty the inspection sticker is waved. You might want to check on it. If your stoped all you have to do is show your Military ID.

Steve