What is thew easiest way to get the thread protector off

Try doing another pic? Your camera focused on the background.

Recently cut the spot weld on my draco thread protector. Looked like a dimpled grove but was a small weld. The dremel quickly took care of it.

You do have to push the retaining pin in like WhiskyMinion mentioned. It shouldn't be a left-hand thread though.

Edited by NM0
  • Like 1

Recently cut the spot weld on my draco thread protector. Looked like a dimpled grove but was a small weld. The dremel quickly took care of it.

You do have to push the retaining pin in like WhiskyMinion mentioned. It shouldn't be a left-hand thread though.

actually i think its a normal right handed threat

actually i think its a normal right handed threat

sorry, did not read it right, i retrect my earlier statement

GOT IT!!! The back edge was crimped all the way around so I used a vise grip to hold it from spinning and used a cutoff wheel to grind the back egde enough to get it loose.

DSCN0880.jpg

Here is how it looks so far. I still need my nondefective trigger to show up so I can get it back together.

DSCN0881.jpg

• Like 1

I got mine from atlantic as well but mine has 4 small tack welds holding the protector on. Question for.those reading this thread. Is that little retaining pin necessary after you remove the thread protector and install a brake? I removed that pin and spring and then realized I couldnt.get it back on because my thread protector is still on.

I threaded my barrel, since I wasn't one of you lucky dogs that ordered the non neutered one from atlantic. It wasn't terrible, but I did put some loctite on my muzzle break to permanently mate it to the thread adapter. So far so good, though. Couple hundred rounds (did some more shooting today) and it hasn't loosened.

It would've been nice to have the authentic FSB already threaded, but you make do with what you get...