Installing Rear Sight

Did a search and only found how to remove it. Anybody have any tips for installing one? Want to put in a stock AK one with the multiple graduations. Will the stock AK one be = to the stock Saiga 3 position for elevation? I have a .223 and was going to order a NOS AK one.

Push down on the tip of the spring and press the sight down and forward until it snaps into place. Some recommend a small clamp, but I used a screwdriver to press the spring down.

I know the 7.62 sight is the same, not sure about the .223.

Edited by Stoned_Oli
  • 2 weeks later...

Easiest way is using a drill press, Use about a 3/32 drill bit put in the chuck backwards. Tighten the chuck. Put the rifle on a clean board or a towel on the drill press table. Lift the sight to about a 30-40 degree angle, while looking to the front of the sight blade you will see the tip of the leaf spring poke out. Put the drill bit on that tip and rotate the handle depressing the spring at that point take hold of the sight blade it must come down and then pulled to the rear. OBTW, the drill motor is not turned on. Takes about 10 seconds........