Picked up my 20" .223 this evening....

Hello, I'm Cappy and although this is my first post, I have followed this forum for a number of years. I've been interested in the Saiga for sometime, going back and forth between the 762x39 and the .223. Finally got "off the dime" and made a purchase from Center fire systems. I do have a question for you, I was surprised when I opened the box and found a seven round mag and a note that some of the rifles are from a German Importer? It does seem that the 5 round saiga magazines are just as scarce as the 10 round. Does anyone know where I can get the 5 round? Hunting in Minnesota (for deer if I so choose) requires a max capacity of 5 rounds.

Looking forward to getting to the range.

Thanks,

Cappy

Here ya go:

http://store.carolin...-SGM-5RD/Detail

Looks like you and I got a couple of the very last 20" barrels from Centerfire Systems. Congrats on the score!

Are you planning on doing a conversion?

If you are, here is a 5 rounder for your post conversion rifle:

http://www.k-var.com...&cat=420&page=1

Both of these links are member vendors here.

Edited by John U.

Cappy & Sunset - To utilize the Bulgarian mags, it will probably be necessary to carefully dremel the metal where the mag catch/selector stop impedes the mag from fully seating. On some other sites others have addresses this very question. I am not talking about the Mag catch (although that will also need to be very carefully filled down also to allow the mag catch to hold the mag snuggly), but the metal at the back of the mag well, just in front of the trigger guard. This will allow the Bulgarian mags to seat and function as designed. I have several Siaga .223 rifles and one that utilizes ,223 Bulgy mags. I've allways wanted a 20 inch barreled .223, so in the future I'll be looking for one. Congrats on your purchases.

Edited by Hamerforged