Vepr 7.62x54r Dragunov Stock?

I am in the market for a Vepr 7.62x54r and have noticed that Atlantic Firearms has dropped the price on them and i'm getting one really soon. I am in love with the Dragunov but getting one is way out of my price range. Out of the numerous forums i have read through and the amount of hours i have spent pondering over a PSL, Saiga, or Vepr i have decided i am going to make a Vepr Dragunov clone. My question is does anyone make replica wooden Dragunov stocks for the Vepr or is there a place i can get it custom made for a reasonable price? I am not looking for a polymer stock and i don't like the look of the PSL stock. Any help would be fantastic.

I don't think they make anything quite like it yet, but Ironwood Designs has been known to do custom work in the past. If the price is right, they might be able to work something out for you. The price will be reasonable, which is to say, high.

• Like 1

I am in the market for a Vepr 7.62x54r and have noticed that Atlantic Firearms has dropped the price on them and i'm getting one really soon. I am in love with the Dragunov but getting one is way out of my price range. Out of the numerous forums i have read through and the amount of hours i have spent pondering over a PSL, Saiga, or Vepr i have decided i am going to make a Vepr Dragunov clone. My question is does anyone make replica wooden Dragunov stocks for the Vepr or is there a place i can get it custom made for a reasonable price? I am not looking for a polymer stock and i don't like the look of the PSL stock. Any help would be fantastic.

I have a VEPR stock & HG available. PM me if your interested.

I don't think they make anything quite like it yet, but Ironwood Designs has been known to do custom work in the past. If the price is right, they might be able to work something out for you. The price will be reasonable, which is to say, high.

+1 I have Vepr X54 ,First thing I thought SVD furneture, not gonna happened .its a short stroke rifle so handguards is out of the question ,stock I guess you ca tweek it ,but I would talk to Matt(IWD) will coast you but he can help you for sure.Man go for it you wont be disapointed ,Vepr is the best quality AK made and 7.62X54RRRRRRR forget about it000.gif

Look at that gorgeous little Russian Redhead!! that is one beautiful piece of craftsmanship. I would probably buy one of those if it came in 7.62x54r haha! greedy.gif I don't know, call me crazy, but im in love with the 7.62x54r. I shoot it more than x39.

Edited by Corruptz0rz

I thought that thing looked funny, the magazine isnt locked in. Whats the deal with the muzzle brake, it looks really short...

I'm contemplating a Super VEPR purchase with my tax return.

Edited by Mullet Man
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Rhineland arms is going to produce a SVD buttstock for the Vepr. I have one on my Saiga and their buttstocks are very high quality. The Saiga SVD-s stock is also available from Russian Military.com but it is $300+ and they are always out of stock. It would probably fit with the Vepr adapter. When either the Rhineland stock is available or the Saiga SVD-s stocks are available at a reasonable price I'll get a Vepr 54r.

Here is the SVDS stock that is suppose to work with a Saiga.

saiga12_buttstock.jpg

Here is the Rhineland Saiga SVD stock. This stock works perfectly with the PSO though it requires use of the stock trigger which is a bummer.

gallery_33171_687_239338.jpg

Edited by Jaba1017
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I received this email from Jerry at Dark Horse Arsenal regarding the Dragunov stocks they offer. Turns out they're actually OEM Izhmash stocks slightly modified for Vepr's or PSL's. I've removed the links to AKfiles's forums and their website (they're not a business member here).

Thank you for your inquiry. Our Vepr stocks with forearms will be available in the next few weeks when our new website goes live. These sell for the same pricing as what you see listed below. On our adaptation for the PSL and AK, we have both fixed and expandable composite stocks in inventory and ship within 24 hours from receipt of funds.

These are actual Izhmash SVD Dragunov stocks we import from Russia and convert to fit the Romanian PSL, Vepr and Saiga (converted). The components we produce for this conversion are of the same 35% glass filled nylon material, texture and color as the stock and make for a seamless fit and finish. They come ready to install with no modifications to your weapon.

The composite forearm is included with our PSL and Vepr stocks, which you can see in the customer "Gallery" page of our new static web shots at the link posted above, as well as the attached image titled "3 PSL Gun Parade - Full View LR" and “4 PSL - FPK Forearm LR”. Our stocks are ambidextrous, by rotating the padded leather check rest to the left hand shooters position.

Our Prices are:

Fixed Stock...$180

Expandable Stock...$230

Plus - Priority Mail Fix Rate Shipping...$10.95

If you wish to place an order please call us, as you do not need to wait for our new website to go live and we can process credit card orders over the phone. We accept payment with all major credit cards (including PayPal). Other ordering methods are by mail using a certified bank check, US Postal Service Money Order. You can also do inter-bank wire transfer. If you want to do an inter-bank wire transfer call us and we will give you the necessary account information.

If you pay by certified bank check or US Postal Service Money Order it should be made out and mailed to:

BHA, Inc.

PO Box 173

Halsey, OR 97348

Our stocks fit all Kalashnikov variants, including an expandable stock for the Russian SVD Dragunov. You will find these various combinations on our current beta website at Our stocks fit all Kalashnikov variants, including an expandable stock for the Russian SVD Dragunov.

We look forward to hearing from you. You can reach us by phone at 541 369-2255 or email at this same address.

Warm Regards,

Jerry Hunt

http://blackhorsearsenal.gostorego.com/stocks.html

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Those handguards look great. The problem I've run into with Black Horse Arsenal's SVD furniture is that their handguards aren't compatible with the version 02 veprs with the gas block sight as the gas tube is a different length. It looks like these would work just fine.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...