Scored a Mossberg 935 last night... How much, you ask??

As the topic states... a buddy of mine has another buddy who is either very dumb, or very much in need of FAST CASH... He asked me if I wanted to buy it, I couldnt ask him when I could meet him with the cash FAST ENOUGH!! LOL

He said it was in "Rough shape" but I was not to be downplayed... He brought it over... It was a little rough... yes... covered in waterfowler stickers. The stock and forearm ( black synthetic) were faded and had big dark marks where the stickers were removed once he left...

The barrel had some VERY MINOR surface discoloration... Rust... but not to the point of pitting or anything like that... the bore was phenomenal. I was told it had about 10 rounds through it, then was tossed into a drafty closet unprotected... He told me his father took it apart to clean it the day before the sale...

I stripped it down completely, and re-cleaned EVERY part... noted some minor blemeshes on the tube that rides the magazine, and the plastic base that snugs up against the receiver... other than that... some hopppes number 9, steel wool, a stainless "toothbrush", and some 12 gauge cleaning brushes and patches... and I had it looking VERY PRETTY on the outside... I was told it would not cycle 2 3/4" low base shells... well... guess what?? It did... NO PROBLEM!!! 032.gif

It got a final oiling and slipped into a gunsock into the safe... YAY!

I will probably NEVER use it... as I have about 10 other 12 gauges, and 2 of those are chambered for 3 1/2" shells... But It was too good of a deal to turn down. 032.gif

OH... Yeah.... how much was it???

Well... NEW they run $530.00 at Bass pro...

My price... $100.00!!! A hundred bucks! YAY!!!!! ( pics to follow when I take a few!! :D )

000.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...