New member needs mods ideas

I just joined today because I received my new sporter style Saiga 12 last week. I have been reading on here and watching youtube videos on mods for my gun. I seen people are moving the trigger forward but I'm not interested doing that mod at this time. The first thing that needs to go is the cheap plastic sporter stock that comes with the gun. I ordered a Phoenix Tech KICKLITE 6 POS ADJUSTABLE RECOIL STOCK for my Saiga 12. I hope some of you members can give me good feedback of this item since I already ordered it.

I want to shoot any type of shells. I see the saiga store sells TAC 47 Industries auto-plug. Is this the best mod for regulation of the Saiga 12 Gas System or is their something else better out there? I seen they also sell a low brass kit that includes a new spring, puck and plug.

I also want to do that mod to load the mags easier when the bolt is closed. I seen a youtube video that another member posted on how to polish the bolt.

If anyone has any other good mod ideas please let me know. I still need to shoot the gun. I hope in a week or two I will have a chance to shoot it.

I just joined today because I received my new sporter style Saiga 12 last week. I have been reading on here and watching youtube videos on mods for my gun. I seen people are moving the trigger forward but I'm not interested doing that mod at this time. The first thing that needs to go is the cheap plastic sporter stock that comes with the gun. I ordered a Phoenix Tech KICKLITE 6 POS ADJUSTABLE RECOIL STOCK for my Saiga 12. I hope some of you members can give me good feedback of this item since I already ordered it.

Never really heard any good feedback about that stock. Personally I would have gone with a fixed kvar stock or maybe an ar adjustable stock. Thats just me though.

I want to shoot any type of shells. I see the saiga store sells TAC 47 Industries auto-plug. Is this the best mod for regulation of the Saiga 12 Gas System or is their something else better out there? I seen they also sell a low brass kit that includes a new spring, puck and plug.

The auto plug I like but you better make sure your S12 cycles the light federal loads first before you get money on it. It mostly helps over gassed guns but is also nice for cycling all types of ammo. I recommend it. If your s12 wont cycle the fed birdshot, maybe get a MD booster puck or if you feel confident enough, open up your gas ports.

I also want to do that mod to load the mags easier when the bolt is closed. I seen a youtube video that another member posted on how to polish the bolt.

I highly recommend you hit up Pauly's Custom Steel'n Fabrication for your bolt mod. Ive seen alot of guys who thought they could do the mod and screwed up there bolt or made it look like crap. go to PAULY.

If anyone has any other good mod ideas please let me know. I still need to shoot the gun. I hope in a week or two I will have a chance to shoot it.

1st SHOOT THE GUN!!!!!!!! make sure it cycles all loads properly

then if it wont cycle Fed Low brass, MD booster puck or open your gas ports.

Then the Auto plug.

Then convert your S12

Edited by AZG
  • Like 1

Thanks AZG, Your answers where very helpful. Why can't more people be as helpful to other members like you.

As for Caged.... Thanks for your warm welcome with an insult to a new member on his first post. I only have been reading for a week so I'm still trying to learn about my new gun. That is the reason I joined so I could ask questions. I just don't like to read one persons opinion about something. I rather ask questions to get different peoples opinions. It is funny that every forum has rude people to ruin it for everyone else.

I can't help the fact that I agree with what another poster said, but I'm not stupid and if you have truly been reading here for a week then you would have already "seen" some of the same questions posted and answered by myself and others, no one is going to hold your hand and validate your purchase of a non-conversion aftermarket stock as it usually breaks 922r... I don't know about you, but I'm not a fan of prison...

BTW, welcome to the forum!

Before doing any mods at all I suggest you run a couple hundred rounds through the gun and see how it handles. Fire from the hip and try different ammo from buckshot slugs to the cheapest birdshot. Get an idea what runs good in your gun.

Also do some 922r research before you start swapping out parts.

Edited by Lord Ak-47

Before doing any mods at all I suggest you run a couple hundred rounds through the gun and see how it handles. Fire from the hip and try different ammo from buckshot slugs to the cheapest birdshot. Get an idea what runs good in your gun.

Also do some 922r research before you start swapping out parts.

Shoot the HELL out of it before doing anything else. Not only to break it in, but untill you have become familiar with what you HAVE, how can you tell what you want to change???

1. Shoot the gun

2. Shoot the gun

3. Convert the gun

4. Shoot the gun

Then report back. Not moving the trigger groups is not smart, the gun is meant to be fired with the fire control group toward. Everything aside the gun runs better with the group moved, less bullshit linkages.

Don't get all but hurt, but if you've been searching and reading you'd see that these are the 1st steps. Go read all the FAQ 'S

Thanks AZG, Your answers where very helpful. Why can't more people be as helpful to other members like you.

As for Caged.... Thanks for your warm welcome with an insult to a new member on his first post. I only have been reading for a week so I'm still trying to learn about my new gun. That is the reason I joined so I could ask questions. I just don't like to read one persons opinion about something. I rather ask questions to get different peoples opinions. It is funny that every forum has rude people to ruin it for everyone else.

I hate to be a dick, especially online because its so cliche... But I feel like its deserved here.

Judging on your first comment, "Why can't more people be as helpful to other members like you", this was obviously directed at caged... Who since I've been on this forum has always, ALWAYS been helpful... that was your first fucked up comment, seriously. Next you directly insult one of the more respected members in this community. You go on to saying, " I only have been reading for a week so I'm still trying to learn about my new gun", all of your questions could have been answered in less than one hour if you typed them into google, or the search box above... more than likely if you went to google and typed them in, it would have directed you to this forum, and you would have probably seen caged on some of those with a reply to peoples problems with their weapons.

You insult this whole community whenever you say "It is funny that every forum has rude people to ruin it for everyone else." Because this one generally has the lack there of, until people like YOU join...

I concur with the above, and you say that you've read many threads here but when you post, you post like you haven't...

+1

Caged gave you a good response, the thread above his was pretty accurate.

If you are going to look for a stock similar to that, I would go with a Mako recoil reduction stock... although with most of the AR style stocks, it is recommended that you move the trigger group forward.

To solve your other questions, you need to shoot it and give feedback... Shoot it a lot, like 200 rounds, buy a few different brands of ammo high brass and low brass to see what your weapon will fire. Until you get the chance to do so, cycle your bolt manually a lot... like 500 times back and forth, which will eventually hurt.

Once you see what it will and won't cycle, then start searching for the fixes. Get your saiga to cycle the desired load... and Pauly's Glassbolt will be your best mod to help load the weapon while the bolt is closed.

Most importantly, don't be so quick to judge others here. This is a very good community... Don't ruin it.

LIke others are saying. I personally would not have went w/the kick lite stock, nor would I ever on any gun. Kind of a reliability/personal issue for ME. I would run some rounds thru it then do a trigger convert. I would stick w/the adjustable gas plug instead of the Auto plug for the same reasons as the stock. Just my opinion. I have 1,000 rds thru mine and it's still stock. Good luck and welcome!