It's idiots and a**holes that are gonna cause the death of my hobbies.

This one cop is in the WTF section of my mind. The above the law aditude I see to often kills me.

Syracuse (WSYR-TV) –

A former Onondaga County Sheriff’s Office firearms instructor has been indicted on numerous illegal weapons charges.

Mark Doneburgh 60, of the town of Onondaga, was indicted on charges including two counts of criminal sale of a firearm, six counts of fourth degree criminal possession of a weapon, and first degree criminal possession of a weapon.

He was also charged with third and fourth degree criminal possession of stolen property.

The District Attorney’s office said that Doneburgh sold two guns to investigators, which led to a search at his house.

When they search his home, they found 16 defaced guns, six guns with serial numbers that were not on his permit, an assault rifle, and a gun disguised to look like a pen.

He also had silencers, ammunition, and gun parts from gun manufacturer Glock - one of his previous employers - that he was not permitted to have.

Gun traces of some of the weapons revealed that the guns were supposed to have been destroyed by the Sheriff’s Office.

He faces five to 25 years if he is found guilty on the most serious charges.

Link: http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/story/Former-Sheriff-s-Department-guns-instructor/TD4uKRT6MUO0VYFWtvF8nQ.cspx

• Like 1

Actually, they're likely to come down on him harder, because he was a cop.

In a book I read long ago, there was a scene where the main character ends up staring down a hired assassin. Main character asks, "Are you going to kill me, too?" and the assassin answers, "No, this is a lesson. There must always be a witness to a lesson."

I don't much see what his being a former cop has to do with it. He was a thief, a criminal. He spent time working for Glock, and for a sheriff's department. He took advantage of both positions to steal property. Sounds like a moron got caught and will spend a good portion of, if not the remainder of his life in prison.

• Like 3

I don't much see what his being a former cop has to do with it. He was a thief, a criminal. He spent time working for Glock, and for a sheriff's department. He took advantage of both positions to steal property. Sounds like a moron got caught and will spend a good portion of, if not the remainder of his life in prison.

I agree. He's a piece of shit who happened to be a cop at one time. He just had the right jobs to get the goodies he wanted.

• Like 2
an assault rifle, and a gun disguised to look like a pen.

An assault rifle?

NY has an "assault weapons" ban. Presumably it was a semi-auto rifle that fits the state definition of an "assault weapon."

• Like 1
an assault rifle, and a gun disguised to look like a pen.

An assault rifle?

NY has an "assault weapons" ban. Presumably it was a semi-auto rifle that fits the state definition of an "assault weapon."

Yep.

Either that, or it was scary looking so the media automatically resorted to calling it an "assault rifle", lol.

No such thing as an "Illegal Gun" all forms of gun restriction are an infringement of the Highest Law in the Land but Embezzlement from two previous employers on the other hand is a serious offense. Straight to jail with you Mark Donutburger!

No such thing as an "Illegal Gun" all forms of gun restriction are an infringement of the Highest Law in the Land but Embezzlement from two previous employers on the other hand is a serious offense. Straight to jail with you Mark Donutburger!

Thank you, I cant quite grasp what's worse. The over all of what was done, or the way he came about the items. Removing firearms from an evidence room, even to transfer for distruction. There had to be others that knew he was doing that. The police have paper work up the shitter, and trasfer of ownership through the process to the steel mill they melt them down at has to be something.

NY State Penal Law Article 265

"Section 265.20 Exemptions.

a. Sections 265.01, 265.02, 265.03, 265.04, 265.05, 265.10, 265.11,

265.12, 265.13, 265.15 and 270.05 shall not apply to:

1. Possession of any of the weapons, instruments, appliances or

substances specified in sections 265.01, 265.02, 265.03, 265.04, 265.05

and 270.05 by the following:..........

( b ) Police officers as defined in subdivision thirty-four of section

1.20 of the criminal procedure law.

( c )Peace officers as defined by section 2.10 of the criminal

procedure law........."

Bottom line..... He could have this stuff until the word "former" came in to play, PROVIDED he had all the proper paper work in place. Once there is a separation of status he no longer retains those exemptions under the Penal Laws. The dooshbag set himself up.

Edited by Yeoldetool

procedure law........."

Bottom line..... He could have this stuff until the word "former" came in to play, PROVIDED he had all the proper paper work in place. Once there is a separation of status he no longer retains those exemptions under the Penal Laws. The dooshbag set himself up.

Any person anywhere could have any of this stuff, or a freakin' Howitzer for that matter, "provided the proper paper work is in place". The paperwork wasn't in place.

Like any other trade, you have good and you have bad. The bad usually weed themselves out eventually.

This has proven to be true time and time again.

I mean hey! look at my profession. Just earlier this week a medic lost his license for fingering an unconscious female patient.

Like any other trade, you have good and you have bad. The bad usually weed themselves out eventually.

This has proven to be true time and time again.

I mean hey! look at my profession. Just earlier this week a medic lost his license for fingering an unconscious female patient.

I had no idea that kind of thing was frowned upon.huh.png ...Just kidding of course. Everyone knows there are good and bad in every profession. There are however some professions that cannot tolerate nearly as many bad apples as others for obvious reasons. And so the question becomes...are there enough safeguards, oversight, and penalties in place to ensure that bad apples are held to an acceptable level. And the answer to that is a resounding NO.

procedure law........."

Any person anywhere could have any of this stuff, or a freakin' Howitzer for that matter, "provided the proper paper work is in place". The paperwork wasn't in place.

I think he was just pointing out NY's exemptions to their AWB for being in the LE field. LE (and many other professions that fall into similar fields) are exempt from NY's ban, right up until they retire/get fired/quit/etc, etc, etc. IIRC, even paramedics and such fell into this category. NY has some crazy laws.

• Like 1