7 replies to this topic

#1 siminov

siminov

Advanced Member

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 09:18 AM

Albany gun show, Empire state plaza convention center, February 4th 9-5, Febrary 5th 9-3, only 450 6' tables Posted Image . I haven't gone in a decade but last time there were over 1000 tables. I might go to this one though.

Syracuse gun show, New York state fair grounds, April 21st 9-5, April 22nd 9-3, 1000 8' tablesPosted Image . I'll make this one, not sure which day but will definitley go. If I skip Albany I'll have more spending $ for this one.

#2 akastormi

akastormi

Eccentric Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 12:24 PM

I'll never go back to the Albany show. It's inside the city limits; Laws state "no assault weapons in the city", not even a gunshow. Last time I was there the statetroopers out numbered the general public, every entrance, every isle. They gave one table extra attention for having AK parts and a M-60 barrel assembly. It's on the second floor of the convention center so the bulk ammo guys dont set up due to weight restrictions. The whole show has kinda gone down to collector guns, antiques, and shotties. Never, never, never again will I drive hours to that show.
I'll drive to the Rochester show in March. I believe it's 27th & 28th at the dome arena. More military arms, but sometimes hit or miss on deals. Security needs help, it's a little to easy for someone to walk in or out the door without being checked.
Other than that I'll hang for Syracuse. :)
  • Groovy Mike likes this
Posted Image Posted Image

I know I did it, but I'm still blaming you.
Nailbomb > " When the SHTF, I got just enough ammo to make it to Stormi's house."

#3 DeerSlayer7600

DeerSlayer7600

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 12:22 PM

I plan on going to the Syracuse show. I'm trying to save up enough cash to get either an M1 Garand or M1 Carbine. I've been to the albany show once, didn't care for it much though, not worth the drive for me.

#4 Cracker7

Cracker7

Travis told me I could

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:39 PM

Was planning on going to the Albany show. Is it really not worth the trip? I'm going to the Syracuse show for sure.

Cracker7

#5 Groovy Mike

Groovy Mike

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:03 AM

Albany is not worth the admission price unless you arelooking for something 50+ years old. City ordinance has a rifle ban worse than Clinton's.
Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him, and He will act. Psalm 37:3-7

#6 akastormi

akastormi

Eccentric Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:54 AM

Attached File  nysaca%20Syracuse%20Apr%2021-22%202012a.gif   15.69KB   0 downloads

Nailbomb > " When the SHTF, I got just enough ammo to make it to Stormi's house."

#7 MolonLabe

MolonLabe

Overnight Criminal

• Contributor
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:12 PM

I'm near Rochester, looking up info for the gun show. seeing if I can go. Wanted to last year but couldn't. NYfireams dot com users say it's not bad anybody else considering?

Edited by MolonLabe, 16 March 2012 - 11:12 PM.

#8 akastormi

akastormi

Eccentric Member

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:15 AM

Rochester is a good show. I've always thought security was a little relaxed there. It's March 31st and April 1st at the Dome Arena. Corner Rt. 15A and Calkins Road in Henrietta.Doors open at 9 am both days. It always was a good show to find Military Arms and parts. I'll probably be going, wth.
  • MolonLabe likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users