Duct tape.

Yea I thought they were a little pricey too. Mikes were suppost to be around $50 but they are not out yet and I want to try one so I will suck it up. I already have several quad stacks made with "Duct tape".

I'm to the point where the concept of quad stacks are becoming more and more underwhelming. So, the 30-round quad stack...you get one 30 rounder in the space of two? What's the upside? Only having to change mags half as many times? Lighter webgear loadout (and wallet)?

Maybe I'm just being grouchy because I don't use AK30 magazines and "everybody" does.

I'm to the point where the concept of quad stacks are becoming more and more underwhelming. So, the 30-round quad stack...you get one 30 rounder in the space of two? What's the upside? Only having to change mags half as many times? Lighter webgear loadout (and wallet)?

I see ultra high capacity mags as good first response mags in an ugly situation. If you had to change mags, you would go to a regular 30 rounder, but the larger mag would be used to start out the fight, and probably would be enough to finish it. The weight would be a non-issue because it would be rapidly getting lighter.

That said, quad stack mags have to prove their reliability. For the moment, I'm happy with my 45 round AK74 mags.

Edited by Jim Digriz

If money were tight I would not get one, but I think I will try them out for the hell of it. When it comes to buying things for guns me and my money are parted quite regularly, I think I must fall into that moron category hutchsaiga spoke of. Its just money. I won't be telling my wife, I'm a moron but I'm not an idiot.homer.gif

If money were tight I would not get one, but I think I will try them out for the hell of it. When it comes to buying things for guns me and my money are parted quite regularly, I think I must fall into that moron category hutchsaiga spoke of. Its just money. I won't be telling my wife, I'm a moron but I'm not an idiot.homer.gif

I think everyone here parts with money for firearms related purchases frequently. It's wether or not it's on something practical that decides the moron status I speak of.

Again don't care about quad stack at that price, but I think the application of the detachable barrel assembly is an awesome innovation... Allowing multiple barrel lengths or sight configurations with only a few seconds to swap is awesome!

Not sure if that will allow conversion between 5.45 and 7.62 with the swap of a bolt and upper but that would make my dick hard! Just need mag stabilizers, but not sure if anything else is necessary. Also being able to put on a heavy DMR configuration with the new 6.5 Grendel Saiga caliber would be interesting! Hell Yeah!!!

I pretty much agree with everyone here... it's neat but it being not able to disassemble plus at $100 is a too steep for me. Maybe at $40-50 I would get one. I can pretty much see that is a close copy of the Russian 40 double stacker.

That break-apart AK looks pretty cool. I want to see what will come out of that.

Full of fail! Could have made a 60-70rd mag that would fit in an AK double mag pouch but made these pud things instead. Top that off with the fact that they probably skimped on the metal in the front catch and feed lips and you have an expensive piece of failure prone baloney. I will stick with my Circle 10 Waffles and Milsurp Steel until further notice.

Oh and that takedown AK using interrupted threads instead of a camming pin like a belt-fed would is another poor execution of a decent idea. The problem seems to be that they take other people's ideas and then make the short bus version and slap a huge price tag on it.

• Like 1