AKS-74...turned out nice

Ha ha....yah...its an all matching excellent kit that I bought from Ohio Ord. a few years ago. Its built on a NoDak Spud NDS-2SF receiver that has the matching serial # on it. Kvar US poly furniture. Arsenal US trigger group. It hasnt been painted yet....Ill put some Aluma-Hyde II on it when the weather warms up. Here is another pic with the woody kit I picked up from OH around the same time too....its built on a Gobal Trades receiver.

img03161.jpg

• Like 1

Nice work. They look great.

Bet you had fun putting them together.

Yeah...considering Im pretty low tech when it comes to build tools. Vise, modified bolt cutters, BFH, gear puller , air cut off tool. Various common hand tools.

That's all you need. I built my own flat reciever jig for bending them, trigger guard rivet jig. I use a ball joint puller to get the barrel out of the trunion. All in all, easy hand tools. Building AK's from kits has the biggest advantage of saying " This is my rifle, I built it." Not bought and converted, BUILT.

I like them, sweet and clean.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...