Saiga 223 and suppressor

Has anyone fired a Saiga 223 with a suppressor? I read a different thread discussing using a vented gas tube due to the extra gas pressure that happens as a result of using a suppressor. What about vented gas blocks? My tube isn't vented, but my gas block is. I think this was a later modification that was made to the AK design, but I'm not sure.

On another note, what seems to be the go-to brake/hider for the 223?

Has anyone fired a Saiga 223 with a suppressor? I read a different thread discussing using a vented gas tube due to the extra gas pressure that happens as a result of using a suppressor. What about vented gas blocks? My tube isn't vented, but my gas block is. I think this was a later modification that was made to the AK design, but I'm not sure.

On another note, what seems to be the go-to brake/hider for the 223?

No experience with suppressors but your gas block is vented because the tube isn't, obviously. You can run a vented tube along with your vented gas block without any issues whether or not you use a suppressor. I use one on my 223 because I went to the AK style hand guards and just preferred the looks. If a suppressor does require additional venting, that should be plenty.

So the fact that the 5.56/223 bullet is bigger than a 5.45 isn't an issue I take it then?

I don't know of anyone in the US that makes a 5.45 suppressor. Besides, the two are close enough that suppressors for either would be interchangeable.

So the fact that the 5.56/223 bullet is bigger than a 5.45 isn't an issue I take it then?

I don't know of anyone in the US that makes a 5.45 suppressor. Besides, the two are close enough that suppressors for either would be interchangeable.

I was referring to muzzle devices (for example the AK-74 brake). I should have been more clear.

Neither my gas block or tube are vented. my gun runs great.

i recommend a true 24mm 74 brake over the 74 style. i have used both and the 74 style is much less effective than the 24mm 74 brake. i presume its the small amount of interior size difference along with the proper angles the holes are placed at. i am using an East German 74 brake currently. Very effective for cutting the minimal amount of recoil to nothing.