Im looking to build a saiga 12. I am a Marine infantry iraq vet. I found http://www.tac47industries.com/content-product_info/product_id-2395/build_your_own_conversion.html and for around 1700 i can have one built. I basically want a saiga, with quadrails, including a piccatiny that goes along the entire upper. I want a galil style folding stick, galil charging handle, hk sights, and a shark muzzle kit. It is around 1300 to purchase a converted 12 and all these parts. Pros cons? Any good builders that are reasonable? Anyone have a lead on a cheap converted?

• Like 1

I would probably choose to buy an unconverted and convert it myself and buy all your gizmos at once. Don't spend money on reliability parts until you have run your gun. (Prior to converting) If it needs them, let the factory service center do the work. Then convert yourself, install your Titan and whatever.

Tac 47 will have holes filled good finish and any reliability issues addressed. The cheapest pre-converted ones probably don't have any of that. They just do the work you can do in an hour or so and charge you $300 for the favor. Plus you are essentially buying parts you are going to replace immediately with that conversion. If they need service to make it run the low brass, you probably are in for a hassle that route.

If the Tac47 build is within a couple hundred of doing it yourself, it is probably worth your money to go that way. Were you factoring the rail and stuff into your total?