What would Boba Debt do to a Boito 12 O&U Shot Gun?

Everyone that does this to a SXS or an O&U just cuts down the original stock to make the pistol grip. I want mine to be more pistol like and wanted to modify the grip so it would accept some type of pistol grips. I stopped at a gun shop today and picked up some Hogue grips made for a medium frame Taurus.

They have a very distinct look but I'll have to laminate additional wood to the original grip to make them work.

In addition to the stock work I'm going to do so much work to the receiver and fore end that I will have to refinish the entire gun and flat black is the way to go on a little project gun like this.

Edited by Boba Debt

I'm sure he could figure out a quad rail. I'm not sure if a pistol grip up front with a linkage would qualify it as a bullpup - is being magazine-fed a requirement of the definition? And damn that would be a pain in the ass, making a trigger linkage that didn't mind being bent 90 degrees to reload. I can think of a way to do it, but it would be fugly and unreliable.

I enjoy seeing Boba Debt's projects. Bullpups have never really turned me on, so to say, but guns are like Hot Rods in that way. I may not take that approach, but it is interesting to see what others do with theirs. Especially when they do a nice job with it. I always apreciate good craftsmanship, even if it is not "My style".

I am looking foreward to this simpler project that looks more appealing to me. I think he does nice clean work.

• Like 3

I'm sure he could figure out a quad rail. I'm not sure if a pistol grip up front with a linkage would qualify it as a bullpup - is being magazine-fed a requirement of the definition? And damn that would be a pain in the ass, making a trigger linkage that didn't mind being bent 90 degrees to reload. I can think of a way to do it, but it would be fugly and unreliable.

Just the action has to be behind the pistol grip.

Now wait a minute. Concerning video in post number 16.

Since when does a "sawed" of shotgun need optics and high vis sight? wtf!?!?! put down the crak pipe. Did mossberg really make that? I swear ill never buy another mossberg again. That is the dumbest shit ive ever seen. Even worse that a bullpup AK! rant off before I blow a circuit.

I would love to see the person trying to shoot a sawed off with optics!

500full.jpg

Btw. Boba, i actually love the idea of a sawed off o/u. Would love to see it. But some one please tell mossberg to go die. Keep the mall ninja shit off it!

Edited by Chevyman097

I'm reminded of the old 'hipster' 20gauge shotguns. They were (and are, IIRC) one of the *very* rare shotgun pistols. Grandfathered into the NFA, iirc.

Basically designed to sit inside the door of your car for when someone got stupid and wanted to 'borrow' it at gunpoint, they came with a car-door holster and a personal-wear holster.

But please, that shotgun has nice wood. Refinish the wood if necessary, paint the metal, not the wood!

The wood fore end has several cracks that will have to be repaired with epoxy and it doesn't look that great in person. It also doesn't fit very good but what can you expect from a $200 shot gun. I also want to slim it down, it's really wide for the gun

The medium frame Taurus Hogue grips were going to take a lot of work to fit this gun so I was looking at other options and found a Mossberg 500 Pistol Grip for $5.

AI had no idea of where to even start at the gun shop but once I had it with the gun it took about 15 minutes to get to this:

Boito12GAOU002.jpg

I like it, and since any Mossberg 500 Grip should work I order a Hogue Tamer.

Once I have it installed, I will modify the original stock to make side plates that will cover the internals and hold them in place with 2 threaded couplers and some bolts, much like the way pistol grips are secured.

Luckily I have a Judge so I used the Medium frame grips on it and I like them a lot more then the original grips

Edited by Boba Debt
  • Like 2

Well it's done for now.

Someday if I have the time I'll make better side plates to cover the action but for now the plates cut from the factory stock wil have to do.

I gave it a quick coat of paint which isn't holding up well but it will protect the metal.

Boito12GAOU003.jpg

• Like 4