who's in the ohio valley regoin

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm in the Hamilton/Oxford area. I shoot at a little range in SE Indiana just off the lake. Forget the name off hand. Cheap during the week and not so crowded.

For the Columbus guys, check out the range in Deleware or even up in Marion. I'll get the names up when I can or you can Google them.

Tom, I think we met at the Sharonville gunshow briefly. I doubt youd remember, you were pretty busy, lol.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

+1 for Dayton area. :)

Seems that we have a lot on the forums from Dayton :)
That would be cool to have a S12 shoot. I already get a lot of weird looks when I'm shooting my S12 at the shotgun range at Spring Valley. It's free to shoot your shotguns there. We should all get together.

+1 for Dayton area. smile.png

Seems that we have a lot on the forums from Dayton smile.png
That would be cool to have a S12 shoot. I already get a lot of weird looks when I'm shooting my S12 at the shotgun range at Spring Valley. It's free to shoot your shotguns there. We should all get together.

That works for me... Let me know what day and time works best for you. I'll be busy next weekend but the following weekend I have open.

+1 for Dayton area. :)

Seems that we have a lot on the forums from Dayton :)

That works for me... Let me know what day and time works best for you. I'll be busy next weekend but the following weekend I have open.
The 14th looks like a good day. I'll stay in touch to finalize a time.

+1 for Dayton area. smile.png

Seems that we have a lot on the forums from Dayton smile.png
The 14th looks like a good day. I'll stay in touch to finalize a time.

Perfect, just let me know...

I might be able to make that. I've never been to Spring Valley before, though.

I can supply directions to the range. That also have pistol and rifle bays( pretty Nice too) but you have to pay for a range pass to shoot them. I think it's like $6. The shotgun range is free to shoot but you can only shoot bird shot. Slugs and buckshot are allowed in the rifle bays. I'll get the directions.

I can supply directions to the range. That also have pistol and rifle bays( pretty Nice too) but you have to pay for a range pass to shoot them. I think it's like $6. The shotgun range is free to shoot but you can only shoot bird shot. Slugs and buckshot are allowed in the rifle bays. I'll get the directions.

Sounds good...

Sounds good...
So you want to shoot slugs,rifles or pistols at the shooting bays? They have a 7,25,50 and 100 yard bays.

I did some checking on the Spring Valley range today. (Haven't been there yet, they're closed Mon. and Tue.)

Is it correct we have to buy a range permit from a hunting license dealer before we go down, or can we get it there?

According to the best I could get with Google Maps, the actual address at the gate is:

3527 Houston Rd., Waynesville, OH. 937-862-5162

From Xenia- Rt. 42 South, past the town of Spring Valley, turn Left onto Roxanna-New Burlington Rd., then Right onto Houston Rd.

There is a gate with a DNR sign ahead on the right.

We have to buy the shooting pass prior, they don't sell it there. You can buy the pass at Walmart,Kmart or Rural King . We need the pass for the rifle/pistol range,not the trap/skeet range.The directions sound correct,I know for sure it's on Houston Rd.

Do you guys want to meet there at 10am this Sunday?