Got a question on these 2 S12 factory return springs, pics

Well I went to the gun show the other day and found a factory return spring at least I hope it is. Anyway I was wondering why the springs are different in lengths . My spring is the grayer looking one that I sand blasted due to corrosion on it and the other spring (the shorter one ) is the one I got at the gun show straight off a S12 return spring guide . The shorter spring hasnt been cut at all .

Picture035-1.jpg

Picture034-1.jpg

just a thought coming from a crew chief, how old is your spring, its possiable after so many shots it has lost some spring tension and has gotten longer. Kinda like a slinky when you strech it out.

My spring is out my S 12 that I got NIB in 2007. I have probably got over a few hundred rounds on that spring

just a thought coming from a crew chief, how old is your spring, its possiable after so many shots it has lost some spring tension and has gotten longer. Kinda like a slinky when you strech it out.

I also did blow a box of these through the Saiga, .

Picture036-1.jpg

Edited by thx1971

Shorter spring is for stable work with low load shot shells 1 oz (28 g), standard pring for loads from 32 to 44 g (1,13 to 1,55 oz).

Short spring is very useful for Saiga-030 if owner wants to use 28 g shells.

The same as Molot springs:

IMG_9508.JPG

Edited by PapaZorro
  • Like 1

Shorter spring is for stable work with low load shot shells 1 oz (28 g), standard pring for loads from 32 to 44 g (1,13 to 1,55 oz).

IMG_9508.JPG

So that shorter spring I have is for lighter loads? And that bulk 12 gauge you get at Wal Mart is ok for that spring

IMG_9508.JPG

So that shorter spring I have is for lighter loads? And that bulk 12 gauge you get at Wal Mart is ok for that spring

Yes, shorter is for lighter loads (1 oz).

We don't have Wal Mart in Russia as well as cheap Wal Mart shot shells :(