I have always wanted a Krinkov, whats the best option?

Let me start out by saying that I've build a handful of ARs, converted my own Saiga 12 and have done some minor modifications to firearms in the past. However, I have zero clue about what it would take to build an AK and frankly don't have the will/time to learn firsthand.

I've always wanted an SBR Krinkov in 5.45 and this has me coming back to the whole dilemma I have had. Getting the SBR paperwork is not an issue, the real question is, how do I go about getting a kick ass Krink? I've seen them on gunbroker, but they normally seem to be rifles that someone or some company has built and are selling for 2k. So with this in mind, I have the following questions:

- What type of Krinkov would actually be worth the prices people want for them on gunbroker? What would I look for?

- I see that there are parts kits available for 600$ and a receiver from NDS would be around 100$. Could I simply send the kit + receiver off to someone who specializes in building AKs and have an awesome rifle?

- If so, who would be suggested? I have no issue paying a little extra to make sure its done 110% correctly.

What would everyone suggest? I am completely open to ideas and experiences.

Thanks

Edited by TheGerman

The Tula Krink kits at RGuns are very nice but pricey. Nodak receivers are also generally well regarded. Finding a barrel is more difficult than it used to be. There are good gunsmiths available but I wouldn't expect the project to be inexpensive.

The Tula Krink kits at RGuns are very nice but pricey. Nodak receivers are also generally well regarded. Finding a barrel is more difficult than it used to be. There are good gunsmiths available but I wouldn't expect the project to be inexpensive.

Do you know who has a good reputation for building these; what would you expect it to run cost wise? I see there are US made barrels, are these to be avoided or just as good?

I believe r guns sells the barrels too. also heard of....bluejack?, I am going with a virgin M92 kit with yugo barrel. Found a guy to do it with no frills for $400. Its going to be a shooter.

A company that specializes in krinks is troy at inrange. I was quoted about $550 on my m92 build and has been recommended to him by many. Im strapped for $ so I went with a just as highly recommended company for less $.

I got one of the Tula Kits 1986 mfg, and a virgin East German 5.45 barrel and a correct Nodak receiver and Jayson at IGF made the gun. He did a superb job and the gun is awesome. Getting that barrel was a bitch though. This is before I got my F1 back. It now has the proper 4 piece muzzle device.

krink-31.jpg

krink-21.jpg

Do you know who has a good reputation for building these; what would you expect it to run cost wise? I see there are US made barrels, are these to be avoided or just as good?

You might check a couple of the forum business members who build guns. Cost-wise, hard for me to say but I'd gladly pay $500 or more for a skillful gunsmith and quality work. I like a chrome lined barrel and most of them are not US-made.

Think I'm leaning towards the Tula kit + NDS receiver + barrel but not sure what barrel as of yet; I just know it'll be SBR length.

Here's the other question then: I know how the process works if you buy an already SBR rifle, but what about buying the parts kit, an SBR barrel and receiver and then sending it out to someone to put together. If I buy the receiver, it's blank right? So how/when would there be an ID on the receiver to reference on the paperwork? And if there's no number on the receiver how do I get the paperwork to legally take ownership of the SBR rifle?

Think I'm leaning towards the Tula kit + NDS receiver + barrel but not sure what barrel as of yet; I just know it'll be SBR length.

Here's the other question then: I know how the process works if you buy an already SBR rifle, but what about buying the parts kit, an SBR barrel and receiver and then sending it out to someone to put together. If I buy the receiver, it's blank right? So how/when would there be an ID on the receiver to reference on the paperwork? And if there's no number on the receiver how do I get the paperwork to legally take ownership of the SBR rifle?

I am doing the same thing with my M92 kit. I have a NDS-1KP receiver and have most all the details in these threads:

SBR help

Form 1 help

You'll need to fill out two form 1's approved by your CLEO, one certification of compliance, and have two fingerprint cards and send them off with a $200 mo to the BATFE. They send you a stamp on one of the from 1s back approved. you send a copy of your approved form 1 and DL along with your kit to a builder and he builds it for you and sends it back to your house. The receivers all come with serial numbers engraved on them. you will just have to have your sbr info engraved by the builder. Name city, state.

For more info, Check out the NFA section.

Edited by AZG

I swore I would not add another caliber to my collection but those Tula kits are awfully nice.

Im not that savvy re; gun building, specs, etc but from what Ive read the EG barrel may need some extra machining?

Bluejack on several gun boards has offered krink barrels and is now up to version V I believe. You'll have tro do some reading to learn what the differences are in the versions. If interested, best to hurry and reserve one before they sell out.

J.Fuller @ RD has a very high price for the kit & build posted on his site. I have no idea what or where he's getting the barrel (they wont divulge or sell seperately) and I dont doubt it would be an incredible build but its not worth that much to me. There are lots of great builders; Troy has been known for Krinks.

Good luck & keep us informed

Harv

APEX and a few others recently started moving M85 kits and NoDak has posted receivers will be coming soon/taking names. You can always have your receiver marked up front if you plan on building a pistol or 16" barrel and SBRing at a later date. Looking at a little under a grand in parts depending what route you go and kits are minty fresh.

• 3 months later...

Bringing old back to life.

I am looking for new information on this I'm looking for one and if a kit is all I can get who are some of the current people recommended for this?

AZG could you pm me builder if you used local in AZ or post is good to.

Have local give me approximate quote but needs to see kit for more definite.

5.45 is preferred for me

If you're looking for local in the Valley, azexpertarms builds some damn nice krinks.

I might try to talk you out of the 5.45 though. The 7.62 is more effective from a krink barrel.

And their Drako based krink is surprisingly affordable.

I've shied away from nfa stuff because I don't like having to ask the nanny's permission to own a gun, but these are tempting me...

Edited by Darth Saigus
  • 3 weeks later...

My Krink is a R Guns Kit, with a David Riggs custom Receiver, and a East German Barrel, set up and re profiled by loner42, Chuck Haynes (both great guys) which I bought way before anyone started making Barrels for these kits. Bluejack produces the correct Barrels for thes kits. Right now the market is flooded with Yugo Krink kits if you want to go with a 7.62x39 or even a 5.56. Your Choice. Back when I got this kit I had no choice this was it, ammo is cheap and in abundance.

post-22569-0-63809000-1338466798_thumb.jpg

• Like 1