.300blk with poormans auto trimmer

Not a bad setup but I do hope that when you are running the trimmer that you have the drill supported so everything is sitting level if not you will but unneeded strain on the cutters bearing and in time it will cause your cases to be cut at a slight angle.

I stack wood under it. Eyeball level. I got the trimmer Basicly free. It's also 20 plus years old. Well see how it holds up.

I'm trimming first keeping them long. My dies should be athome right now. As soon as I get there I'll size some and load a few just to show off the cartridge to some friends. I haven't built my ar pistol yet. I doing a pistol til my form 1 gets back then I'm putting a emod vltor stock on it.

• 4 weeks later...

A lot of guys are using the harbor freight mini chop saw to cut down to the neck, and then triming to save time.

I have got to tell you thanks for bringing up the 300 blk. I saw an article on it a year or so ago and never got around to see if it took off. Now that Lee makes dies for this I pulled out the CC. It looks like I will be following your progress.

• 4 weeks later...

I just went this sat. to shoot my 9" 300 blk AR pistol..

I got to say ......I love this thing!!! I want to start a " chopp and size"

set up.But for right now i will be using "brads werehous brass"

Im trying to get a fast 147gr.load right now....any ideas?

PS....I seen a youtub (about 38 sec long) of a slick opperation using a

Dillon trimer....I think I'll save for that set up.

Edited by FORKLIFT352

Right now I use the bandsaw to chop, and size on a foster. I can do 200 an hour easy with this method including puting them through the dies. I am waiting on a DSA 300 blk upper for a month now, and called last weeks to check on progress. I was told it will be another 6 weeks before I see my upper. It seems everybody is backed up on orders for 300 stuff so I will sit and wait it out I guess.

Forklift, what king of grouping are you getting out of it? That is got to be preaty wicked fireball out of a 9" barrel!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Silver dollar size at 200 yards.

And yes...the muzzle blast is intense!

I cant wait till I do night shoot.

That's impressive! I am getting softball size at 100 yards with my cast 155g out of a stainless 16" barrel. I haven't put the blackout on a rest yet to see what it is capable of, and every round of the 1000 or so I have fired out of it have all been hand-loads. It is cheap to load with the cast so I haven't fired many factory boolits out of it. The factory boolits I have tried were the 110 grain V-Max. Very impressive on milk jug's out at 100 yards. Turns them inside out with a 20 foot ball of mist. I am considering doing a blackout pistol with the new lower that is coming in next week. If you can do 200 yards with a blackout pistol I am all ears.

I have also changed how I for the cases. I now take the expander ball out of the sizing die and size the 5.56 lake city whole, then toss them in the forster trimmer with the .22 pilot. It is allot faster than trimming first, and my case mouths are straighter. I started to anneal the case mouths as well to see if it increases accuracy. The only thing left I could do would be neck turn or ream out the necks for consistent neck tension.

xacex

Edited by xacex