HOW ACCURATE IS A SAIGA?

HOW ACCURATE IS A 7.62X39 SAIGA? I KNOW I WOULD HAVE TO GET GOOD AMMO TO BE ACCURATE ON ANY GUN. AND BY GOOD I MEAN EXPENSIVE! BUT WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT FROM THIS RIFLE AT 100 YARDS? 200? 300?

ILL BE GETTING A SAIGA RIFLE SOON SO I WANTED TO KNOW A LITTLE MORE BEFORE I SHOOT IT MYSELF.

THANKS!

FiRsT, I WoUlD TuRn OfF CaPs LoCkbiggrin.png . Then I would google, Whats the best brand of 7.62x39 ammo or 7.62x39 accuracy. Google is a great search engine and will bring up numerous reviews from numerous forums. I personally dont know or I would just give you the answer. but here:

example:

https://www.google.c...iw=1024&bih=653

Best ammo for 7.62x39 siaga? - forum.Saiga-12.com

More results from forum.saiga-12.com »

best/most reliable 7.62x39 - XDTalk Forums - Your XD/XD(m .

Most accurate 7.62x39 brand ammo? - Yahoo! Answers

Best 7.62x39 Ammo??? - Gunco.net

Russian Golden Tiger 7.62x39 quality - Assaultweb.net Forums

Edited by AZG
  • Like 2

why does every one get offended with the cap locks? i came to http://forum.saiga-12.com because i know this forum is for saiga fans and owners.

In the land of the internet all caps indicates yelling/shouting

IN THE LAND OF INTERNET, YOU SHOULD JUST FUCKING REALIZE IT'S TEXT ON A SCREEN MAN! Thanks for listening.

HOW ACCURATE IS A 7.62X39 SAIGA? I KNOW I WOULD HAVE TO GET GOOD AMMO TO BE ACCURATE ON ANY GUN. AND BY GOOD I MEAN EXPENSIVE! BUT WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT FROM THIS RIFLE AT 100 YARDS? 200? 300?

ILL BE GETTING A SAIGA RIFLE SOON SO I WANTED TO KNOW A LITTLE MORE BEFORE I SHOOT IT MYSELF.

THANKS!

suck_at_internet.jpg

misc-caps_forum.jpg

just joking, it for what ever reason is considered proper etiquette to not use all caps, all caps is considered yelling, yeah makes no sense to me either.

as for your question, a couple of things,

good ammo helps to get consistent groups several consider Lapua match grade ammo one of the best, but it cost .50 cents to a dollar a round when you can find it, (gunbroker usually has some someone is selling) you can get good groups with silver wolf or the like (my gun liked Baurnel ammo) but you will get fewer fliers with better ammo. some say 1 out of 10 will be a flier with surplus ammo.

2nd, with the open sights on a gun a tight group is really hard to get, a good 4x or 6x scope will get you much better groups, open sights I can only get 7-8 inch groups but I can get 3 inch groups with a scope. (3 inch groups is 10 rounds to a group) I dont have a saiga, I have a norinco Mak 90, but am getting a saiga and have been checking them out.

I would say with a saiga 3 to 4 inch groups would be about average (again this is 10 rounds to a group) if everything is working right and set up properly, good ammo, no wind, good trigger etc.

Edited by universal_exports
  • Like 2

why does every one get offended with the cap locks? i came to http://forum.saiga-12.com because i know this forum is for saiga fans and owners.

IN THE LAND OF INTERNET, YOU SHOULD JUST FUCKING REALIZE IT'S TEXT ON A SCREEN MAN! Thanks for listening.

I don't give a shit if someone types in all caps, I just answered his question.

• Like 1

I believe the answer to your question is "23". seeing as though not much else here makes much sense.

seriously though, the post a couple of slots up regarding a scope etc is solid advice.

at 25meters with irons I am able to get a 3 shot group in 1.5". havnt shot out to 100 yet. but my math tells it it sould probably be 6 - 8 inches at that distance.

Thank you lol

THANKS!

suck_at_internet.jpg

misc-caps_forum.jpg

just joking, it for what ever reason is considered proper etiquette to not use all caps, all caps is considered yelling, yeah makes no sense to me either.

as for your question, a couple of things,

good ammo helps to get consistent groups several consider Lapua match grade ammo one of the best, but it cost .50 cents to a dollar a round when you can find it, (gunbroker usually has some someone is selling) you can get good groups with silver wolf or the like (my gun liked Baurnel ammo) but you will get fewer fliers with better ammo. some say 1 out of 10 will be a flier with surplus ammo.

2nd, with the open sights on a gun a tight group is really hard to get, a good 4x or 6x scope will get you much better groups, open sights I can only get 7-8 inch groups but I can get 3 inch groups with a scope. (3 inch groups is 10 rounds to a group) I dont have a saiga, I have a norinco Mak 90, but am getting a saiga and have been checking them out.

I would say with a saiga 3 to 4 inch groups would be about average (again this is 10 rounds to a group) if everything is working right and set up properly, good ammo, no wind, good trigger etc.

Thanks for your responce. seems like a scope would be a good idea to improve accuracy at long dinstances. any affordable brands you recommend?

Thanks for your responce. seems like a scope would be a good idea to improve accuracy at long dinstances. any affordable brands you recommend?

Alot of people like the 8m3 bullet. discussed in this thread:

124G wolf HP 8M3 bullet? - forum.Saiga-12.com

and

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/72605-wpa-military-classic-hp/

and

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/71252-sapson-brand-ammo-124gr-hp/page__p__692033__hl__sapsan__fromsearch__1&do=findComment&comment=692033

Edited by AZG
  • Like 2

If You want a more accurate AK, get 20 inch barrel. Longer sight radius then a 16 inch barrel. Both Classic & Centerfire Systems have them in stock, with 1000 meter sights. Classic is advertising the 20's as target Saigas.

I'm just gonna say this. It's prolly been said before. In the end of it all. After all the upgrades and mods and do-hickeys attached or what have you. The rifle and the ammo is only as accurate as the shooter is.

Hope you're practicing good fundementals, because that's always the best start. :) Happy shooting. :)

• Like 4

I'm just gonna say this. It's prolly been said before. In the end of it all. After all the upgrades and mods and do-hickeys attached or what have you. The rifle and the ammo is only as accurate as the shooter is.

Hope you're practicing good fundementals, because that's always the best start. :) Happy shooting. :)

I agree. Ill need to get good practice to pick up skills

Thanks

I posted pics in another thread, but once you get it zeroed, it can be a pretty accurate meat getter or man stopper out to about 150-200 yds. I found out my rear sight was off slightly, thus the hits to the left. That's being corrected as we speak by the local smith.

25 yds off the rest, WWB/tulammo, 10 rounds each(WWB is touching)

P1010881-1.jpg

50 yds off the rest, WWB ammo after cant found and rifle repositioned:

P1010887.jpg

100 yds off-hand, rapid fire, Tulammo(before I found the sight cant):

P1010884-1.jpg

Edited by Lone Eagle

General comment, but as far as a rifle shooting shooting 1 rd per second shooting mil surplus ammo, the Saiga has shown me it's a pretty darn little accurate rifle.

If I'm looking for superb groups (everything in one big hole), I'll reload, use a bolt rifle w/scope and don't overheat the barrel.

You want to throw a thousand rounds at a man size target out a distance, if you do your part, at least the Saiga I recently bought will do it's part.

For the money, hard to beat IMO.

Edited by charlieschoice
  • Like 1

I posted pics in another thread, but once you get it zeroed, it can be a pretty accurate meat getter or man stopper out to about 150-200 yds. I found out my rear sight was off slightly, thus the hits to the left. That's being corrected as we speak by the local smith.

25 yds off the rest, WWB/tulammo, 10 rounds each(WWB is touching)

P1010881-1.jpg

50 yds off the rest, WWB ammo after cant found and rifle repositioned:

P1010887.jpg

100 yds off-hand, rapid fire, Tulammo(before I found the sight cant):

P1010884-1.jpg

Thats pretty cool. I cant wait till I start shooting mine. Thanks for the pics.

Hope you're practicing good fundementals, because that's always the best start. smile.png Happy shooting. smile.png

Bingo Shadow! Just like the guy at the pool hall with the snazzy $1000 pool cue, if he doesn't practise regularly, the ball won't go in the hole often.

If you want a scope that's cheap, reliable, durable, and high quality, I'd recommend getting a good POSP scope in the magnification you would like best. What could be better than a scope that is made for the gun? For the money, POSP's are SO worth it. Pick em up from Eastwave or Kalinka, you can't go wrong with either from what I've heard these days.

Very accurate, the first time shooting mine. This was with using standard iron sights, russian spam can ammo (TUL equivalent), FMJ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmqqlZdA86o

Not trying to be a dick here. But even at that short range I find that group unlikely. I base this solely on stance and stability and the MONSTER flinch when you dropped the hammer on the empty chamber. Sorry to wave the BS flag but when i know I'm right. I'm right. Lean into that damn rifle!!!

Edit to add. Not saying you didn't shoot that group and that range which is more than feasible for that rifle. I'm just saying it was not in that video recorded session

Edited by hutchsaiga
  • Like 1

Very accurate, the first time shooting mine. This was with using standard iron sights, russian spam can ammo (TUL equivalent), FMJ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmqqlZdA86o

Not trying to be a dick here. But even at that short range I find that group unlikely. I base this solely on stance and stability and the MONSTER flinch when you dropped the hammer on the empty chamber. Sorry to wave the BS flag but when i know I'm right. I'm right. Lean into that damn rifle!!!

Edit to add. Not saying you didn't shoot that group and that range which is more than feasible for that rifle. I'm just saying it was not in that video recorded session

No, it was. First time shooting the Saiga and as explained in my post here and in video that I was quite surprised when I saw what came back to the firing line when bringing the target in. It is a great point and shoot beast. Any stance/reaction was obviously due to the first experience of her power compared to the handgun I shot minutes before. Would I have the same results at an outdoor range at a much further distance? Who knows.

I have no reason to lie or make stories up to be "cool" on the internet. I posted the video because I am exceptionally happy with the accuracy of the weapon as I have shot some rentals and friend's weapons that were way off target with us all giving them a try.

So yea, Cool story bro.