How much have you spent on your S12?

I was just adding up what I've spent on my S12, without even being able to touch it yet. I'm up to $785.56, not including the $535 for the S12 itself. Only one more thing to do, and that's sending the bolt group out to be polished/profiled and have the charging handle switched to the left side. It's safe to assume a grand total of $1,000 on parts and services. The biggies were the trigger conversion kit and the mags. (20rd/12rd drum and (3) 10rd mags.) How much have you guys spent aside from the cost of the gun?

Just realized I haven't even purchased any ammo yet. Oye!!

Edited by marine_mike
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Which one? ;-)

More than I had anticipated. I made the mistake of buying a "converted" model. After quite a bit of research here, I ended up stripping it down to the bare receiver and redoing everything (didn't have

I almost forgot the disclaimer....   Marine_mike makes no guarantees or provides any protection from spouses/significant others who may read this post and commence to a verbal and/or physical asswho

Posted Images

More than I had anticipated. I made the mistake of buying a "converted" model. After quite a bit of research here, I ended up stripping it down to the bare receiver and redoing everything (didn't have to move the trigger group forward again, but replaced it). I plan to buy another, but this time I'll start with a blank slate and do it myself.

• Like 1

The way I see it, is I know that if times get to the point where I HAVE to sell my S12, I'm confident that I can get what I put into it. It's an investment....yeah...that's my justification. Besides, I've got atleast that much wrapped into my AR15. They don't build themselves ya know.

As it is:

Tromix DIY trigger guard.............$45

Tromix TCG................................$45

SGM Tactical Recoil Pad............$19.95

Krebs Sights...............................$0 (won it)

PolyChoke II...............................$82.95

A can of Krylon...........................$4

Laminated Stock Blank...............$20

Total = $216.90

I have a bunch of mags that aren't included. I'm also going to get it Parkerized soon. After that I may, or may not, duracoat or ceracoat it. I'm also going to get an Autoplug because I can't seem to remember to set it on "2" when I want to shoot bulk ammo until after the first mag.

Not bad for a one-of-a-kind custom that is 100% dependable.victory.gif

All together, gun, parts, mags and etc... Ouch!

Shit, drums & mags $600., conversion parts and then upgrades (cried twice) $500-$600. and then there was the gun.

As much fun as I've had with it... Priceless!

$830 for the S12

$280 for the 100 series stock

$600 to rifle dynamics

$50 for dinzag bayou lug

$120 dinzag fsp

$89 for Lower hg retainers

$100 for oem wood pistol grip (thank you shultze

$80 for oem wood hand guard

$40 trigger guard and pg plate

$65 ice rack/glass bolt

$45 tromix mod fcg

$500 on muzzle brakes (3) types psh2, gk01, and dinzag 74 style

$63 for the m9 bayonet

$30 for king armory tappet

$35 for auto plug

$360 for 2-8 rounders

$150 for 6-5 rounders

$185 for missing oem wood handguard and pistolgrip set from Finland(never delivered)

I have no idea how much for the parts I don't use anymore: guessing:$100-200

Total: I'd rather not if that's allright with y'all, it was painful enough listing it all

ETA:

Oyeah, forgot these:

2 Reddragun Ver30s-$3048

4magwell mags$720

SVDS stock w/buttpad$600

Triggerguard & Plate $40

100 series stock $280

Edited by AZG

AZG, what did RD do that cost 6 hundo, install the side folder?

Folder was $200

Make my own Conversion$400

Rivet akbuilder triggerguard

Repark and moly cote

Weld and refinish all unused holes

Reassemble

Not terrible.

Edited by AZG

Depends on who you ask.

OL says I spend "WAY TO MUCH"

Me, not enough yet, about 800. (edit for)I forgot 200 for the mags I just picked up.

Edited by RED333

I'm in for about $2K with everything including 5 MD Drums. I am working on a telescopic stock that will work with the drum.

That will run about $500 for a one off part. I may make a 10 piece proto run to spread the cost out and offer the others

for sale on here.

Malodave

I figured I'd bring this question up because I was planning on building up my K5 blazer and started thinking about how much I've already put into my AR and S12. I figured the truck runs great already. Besides if the SHTF, it's the guns that will save my A** not the truck. Might as well prioritize.