How much have you spent on your S12?

Spent $1300 on weapon and upgrades.

Had the weapon over a year and just went over $1500.00 in ammo.

Now that's the way to do it.

Going shooting again this weekend and will probably spectacularly unload another case of shells.

Just too much fun to put down.

Good luck with your addiction. Castalia

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Which one? ;-)

More than I had anticipated. I made the mistake of buying a "converted" model. After quite a bit of research here, I ended up stripping it down to the bare receiver and redoing everything (didn't have

I almost forgot the disclaimer....   Marine_mike makes no guarantees or provides any protection from spouses/significant others who may read this post and commence to a verbal and/or physical asswho

Posted Images

I easily have over $6k in S12s, parts, and mags. I just bought 5 more Russian triangle folders and a bunch of SGM mags as well. I build mine, even the ones with the AK100 folders. I'm sure I would be around $9k invested or more if I sent things out for conversion. I was considering thinning the herd, but recently decided that I will hoard more of them and put AK100 stocks on everything except my new 3 Gun rig.These things are as bad as ARs....

I easily have over $6k in S12s, parts, and mags. I just bought 5 more Russian triangle folders and a bunch of SGM mags as well. I build mine, even the ones with the AK100 folders. I'm sure I would be around $9k invested or more if I sent things out for conversion. I was considering thinning the herd, but recently decided that I will hoard more of them and put AK100 stocks on everything except my new 3 Gun rig.These things are as bad as ARs....

do you mill your receivers for the ak100 stocks?

So far I have $506 invested in the gun. I've had it for several years now and it shoots great. It reliably cycles anything I choose to shoot in it. I couldn't ask for any better performance from a shotgun than what I get from My Saiga-12.

Some of us like 'em just the way they come from Russia.

So far I have $506 invested in the gun. I've had it for several years now and it shoots great. It reliably cycles anything I choose to shoot in it. I couldn't ask for any better performance from a shotgun than what I get from My Saiga-12.

Well, you're lucky because most of them don't come from Russia able to cycle anything you want to shoot in it...

And don't forget, the way they come into the us isn't how they are in Russia. So if you want it to be like the ones in Russia, I suggest you convert if legal in your state.

If I added it up I would cry. At one time I had 6 saiga 12's I am down to 4 now but I would shit if I added it up 4 guns 30 5rd mags 8 factory 8rd mags 30 AGP's and 4 MD-20's not counting 2 conversions still needing done with AK-100 folders the SVD style stock and factory PG wood and forarm I will bet over 4G.wet_eyes.gif

Well, you're lucky because most of them don't come from Russia able to cycle anything you want to shoot in it...

Mine was one of the few... Has ate anything, but Wally World's Winchester Universal, which is no big loss cause Federal's bulk is better.

Lets see...

$600 for the saiga 12 last spring with tax

4 keepshooting mags

just ordered a quad from a member here.

a few boxes of wally fed bulk.

Just with the quad and mags I'm up to just $700 including the cost of the gun. Someday i'll get everything to make it 922r, just gonna take me a while.

do you mill your receivers for the ak100 stocks?

If I had a mill I would use it for that.... but I don't. I use drill bits, carbide cutter on a Dremel, and precision files. I guess you could say I do it "by hand". Very slow, but looks pretty good.

I think I only have about $1k in this one. This bitch is famous....

post-22401-0-81269100-1327794395_thumb.jpg

post-22401-0-86828100-1327794412_thumb.jpg

post-22401-0-90225800-1327794430_thumb.jpg

post-22401-0-37606200-1327794463_thumb.jpg

post-22401-0-24765900-1327794563_thumb.jpg

post-22401-0-46104100-1327794612_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

thanks, i've been wanting to do an ak100 stock for a while, or a triangle folder, i just wondered if i was crazy for wanting to use files and a dremil. are there any instructions i could look at for doing it by hand?

btw that saiga is probably one of the nicest ones on this forum imo

Edited by Russian Hammer
  • Like 1

Of the 8 or so S12s I have/ have had that has not been my experience. I only had one that had any issues with some light loads when it was new.

Of the 8 or so S12s I have/ have had that has not been my experience. I only had one that had any issues with some light loads when it was new.

Well, I guess you're talking all of my good luck!haha.gif

thanks, i've been wanting to do an ak100 stock for a while, or a triangle folder, i just wondered if i was crazy for wanting to use files and a dremil. are there any instructions i could look at for doing it by hand?

btw that saiga is probably one of the nicest ones on this forum imo

I hope to have an AK100 tutorial up by the end of February or earlier. Chop and rethread with no lathe and a M.A.G.12 install review are coming soon as well. All will be done with tools that are representaive of what a DIY might have access to or be able to afford. Poor man's DIY tutorials, if you will....

I am very passionate about this stuff. I find these weapons to be the most rewarding and fun of everything that I have owned, and I feel a strong urge to contribute some of what I have learned and created. I just have to let some of this out and inspire others. It is the least that I can do.

I have some more AK100 installs to do and would really like to have my new camera in hand for the process. I already have a lot of pics of the last one that I did, but my cheapo camera is so light sensitive that it is extremely difficult to get closeup shots that show enough detail for people to understand what needs to be done or what is being demonstrated. The new camera has been on backorder since December 11 and was my most anticipated Christmas present. That's OK, I get to have an awesome Christmas present when everyone else's joy has long since passed wink.png The joy of being "last".

I appreciate the compliment. That was my first conversion. The riveted trigger guard and AK100 were added when I rebuilt it. The intention was for it to look as if it could have came from the factory that way, but still give it subtle and functional improvements that are not immediately noticeable as non-factory. It runs as nicely as it looks. It is getting pretty beat up now and is due for a refinish, but I am considering letting it get to the point of looking distressed. I'm kind of nostalgic and love the look of a well worn weapon.

Edited by evlblkwpnz

I honeslty don't think I've spent more than $325 on mine for mags, and conversion parts. Then again my S12 is plane jane utilitarian - no neat doodads or tacticoolness. Thats not to say I don't want any of that cool stuff, but I don't have the cash to sink into it yet and I've had it since '09. I totally would have dropped $500 on this thing by now If I had the funds! Sooo want a Chaos Tri, krebs sights, a muzzle device, a new stock, a weapon mounted light, maybe a magwell, an autoplug, AFG, pauly's glass bolt treatment, and and and....Well, the list goes on, LOL. bad_smile.gif

I think the S12 is attractive because you can spend as much money on it as you want and really kit it out. I read a comment on the firearm blog the other day by a guy who thought you couldn't get one for less than $800 and spend another boatload of change to get it to work right, which obviously isn't true. I sort of look at it as the everymans combat semi-auto shotgun, which keeps it true to the AK lineage IMHO.

So far about 1200.00 not counting the gun.

It's funny.......I would normally balk at the idea spending that kind of money on a gun. But little by little It did not seem like such a big deal.

Kind of like boiling a frog I guess

post-28138-0-80411700-1327871794.jpg

It is getting pretty beat up now and is due for a refinish, but I am considering letting it get to the point of looking distressed. I'm kind of nostalgic and love the look of a well worn weapon.

+1

Safe queens are not to my likeing at all.