saiga 7.62x39 low profile mount

Howdy all, new to the forum. I'm bout to go purchase a Saiga 7.62x39 tomorrow. I was wondering if anybody knew what was the best low profile side mount is for this bad boy. Wanna order and have it so after my waiting period I can slap it on. Also, what a good scope for it also. Thanks in advance for all yer help.

depends on how low you want. if you want to co-witness, go ultimak with primary arms micro dot (aimpoint clone) if you want to use the side rail, the BP-02 low profile is awesome. there are several other well made low profile mounts available too.

which one do you all think is the best bang for the buck? both mount and optic? I think I would prefer closer to my eye then out on the gas tube. I'm on a budget but want things workin right. I do appreciate all you guys input.

Edited by irishincali

the best red dot i found for the price, IMO, is the primary arms micro dot. it sits great on my bp-02. i found my mount on gunbroker for cheap and my primary arms on this forums trader. both for 100$. if buying new, both might be around 140$

i like the looks of the MI mount. that sits lower than any other side mount i have seen.

Edited by GregM1
  • Like 1

which one do you all think is the best bang for the buck? both mount and optic? I think I would prefer closer to my eye then out on the gas tube. I'm on a budget but want things workin right. I do appreciate all you guys input.

I have a bushnell trs25 that I got on sale at cabelas for 69.99. I wish I bought 5 of them. Battery life is good. Nice dot. Nice glass. Is very study and hasn't failed me.

i just saw a vid with the new RS AKML mount. its the same mount with a rail instead of a ring. looks pretty good.

It's a dedicated Aimpoint T1 style mount base. This is the only way to get it low enough to cowitness, yet keep it out of the way to be able to completely field strip the rifle.