I need to get a Saiga-12 retaining plate, problem is shipping will be more than the part itself.

Yes I asked about having it mailed to me and was told "we only ship UPS". That made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside010.gif

I am hoping someone can just add one to their order and mail it to me, I'll pay $10 for it, part is linked below.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply.com/servlet/-strse-270/Saiga-Axis-Pin-Retaining/Detail?sfs=f86a5a2c

I hope someone can help me out as this experience has definately left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

Thanks in advance!

When I have that situation, I either wait until I have a larger order to order the small parts, or I just spend the few bucks to get what I need. It's not that big of a deal, don't get yourself all bent out of shape over a couple bucks.

Cobra has them for $12 shipped.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?/topic/34652-s-12-fcg-pin-retainer-plates/

I am trying to remain calm, it just sucks because I was helping a buddy convert and I screwed up the retaining plate. That is the only thing I need. My buddy ordered around $400 in parts, I've ordered around 800-900 worth of stuff. So it just seems to me that I would be able to get some help and not have to pay $9 shipping for an $8 part. Maybe my expectations are too high for this type of customer service.

Order more conversion parts for your next Saiga project and throw in another retaining plate in the order. You know you'll end up doing another conversion at some point! ;)

Thats how i do it. If i forget something, i just order all new parts for another conversion that i dont even have the firearm for yet. Gives me incentive to get another Saiga! LOL

If the part was $17 with free shipping would you buy it?

Nope, it's the principal of it.

I appreciate eveyone's help! I was able to get one from Cobra. Always had real good experiences and spent lot's of $$$ with CSS, just not so much this time.

Cobra, as always, was great to deal with and was able to help a brother out!